Husqy 50/60cc saws (346xp, 350, 555, 357xp)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampamp

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has some experience or opinions on the Husqvarana 555. I know it’s only been out only a little while. I’ve used and/or owned 350 / 346xp / 357xp / 555 / 365 / 372xp. So that’s my comparison. In previous posts I’ve mentioned I’m a ~20-30 face cord of firewood guy….and I manage a little property as well. My latest purchase is a 555 and it was mainly based on the ratings more or less. I was looking for a saw that wouldn’t struggle with a 20” bar and had more teeth than my 350 (and a 346xp), but not the cost of a 562xp. So, I’ve used the 555 and I got to tell ya….it feels a lot closer to a 357xp than anything else….including the 346. I know the 357 is going away and it was rated at 4.4HP, 12.1 lbs. I really liked that saw….and the 555 feels pretty close if not the same! 555…4.2HP, 12.3 lbs. I wonder if this is the replacement for the 357? I ask because the 562 (same owner’s manual as 555) is 4.8 HP, 12.5 lbs. Seems like a heck of an upgrade from the 357. The thing that attracted me to the 555 was that it seemed to have all the pro parts….all metal crankcase, etc. It was just a tuned down 562 maybe? What does everyone think? It’s hard to figure Husqy out sometimes with the info they publish…..and I’ve always been a Husqy fan! I get the whole pro / non-pro thing, but is seems like these “landowner/contractor” saws are pretty sweet. I almost went with a 346xp 20”, but I think I’ll be happier with this 555 purchase. It’s only 1 lb more and seems to be quite a bit more saw. I’ll write more

Go to google and search Arboristsite for Husqvarna 555 and you'll find plenty of reading material. It (and the 562) was covered in great length a few months ago.

This is how I'd word my search:

Search Arboristsite "Husqvarna 555"

Also search arboristsite "Husky 555"

Do the same searches for Husky (and Husqvarna) 562.

The search engine on the site is crap. Google searches are much more effective now.

The replacement for the 357xp is the 560xp, the replacement for the 359 is the 555. The 562xp is a variant of the 560xp, with the large bar mount and a larger air filter/cover - the oiler may also be a larger capasity one, for a longer bar.

The power is up some in both cases, and the weight down (but the weight specs of the 357xp/359 are very "optimistic", so it doesn't show "on paper").

Last edited:
The 555 is a 60cc saw and works like one, a little smoother, a little lighter, it's not turbocharged. My 70cc Stihl makes more power and is heavier, my 346 is lighter and makes less power. I've only got a couple of days with the 555, but I'd say it is best balanced with a 16" bar or a light 18", however in the shops I've only seen it equipped with 20" or 24" bar. Those saws feel very bar heavy to me. If you want to use a 20-24" bar all the time, and your a guy that owns several saws, would recommend a 70cc or bigger saw. If I bought logs delivered to my house so I was only cutting on flat ground balance and handling wouldn't mean much, but on the side of hill, reaching here and there good balance and good starting IMO are the most important attributes in a firewood saw. I'm hoping the autotune turns out to be a very good thing in the long run.

The 555 is a fine saw and will pull a 20" in hardwood just fine. The 562 does have more power but I'm not sure it's $125 worth over the 555.

555 just like the 359 are the counter parts to their XP models, 560/562xp and 357xp.

Husky bumped the power but not the weight, what's not to like. :msp_smile:

555 is a great saw, but I bought the 562xp with a 20" Tech-Lite bar. Same weight as a 555 with 18" solid bar. Those Tech-Lites are very nice!

I still really like my 357xp, but the 346xp is my favorite...

You have already bought it; are you seeking validation that you made the right choice? If so, you can always find someone to agree with you and someone that disagrees.

Not seeking validation. It's a great saw. Just wanted to see what other folks thought about it and if I was right in "what it replaced" etc. Husqy has done some interesting things over the years......so I was just curious. All the other responses were great, thanks folks!

What, you didn't like mine???:msp_rolleyes:

Looking for some validataion on you response there? Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

All kidding aside....I meant to say just "all the responses". I got typing quick an it got the best of me. This virtual communication sometimes gets of the rails quick. I actually hope you pipe in when threads are posted........you got a good take on alot of this stuff.

Back to the 555......It should be put through a pretty good test over the next month. I've landed a few big jobs and am hoping to use this throughout. Lot of firewood to cut.

What, you didn't like mine???:msp_rolleyes:

Looking for some validataion on your response there? Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

All kidding aside....I meant to say just "all the responses". I got typing quick an it got the best of me. This virtual communication sometimes gets of the rails quick. I actually hope you pipe in when threads are posted........you got a good take on alot of this stuff.

Back to the 555......It should be put through a pretty good test over the next month. I've landed a few big jobs and am hoping to use this throughout. Lot of firewood to cut.

Back