Husqy 55 covers burning.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought of the angle thing too.

I see now something I did not before, my bad.
Be interesting how your invention turns out.
If I had access to your tooling I'd be dangerous lol.

Would be interesting to see how it turns out and if it restricts or enhances the power.

I have been using the hardware store aluminum tape for a while on quite a few of my own saws, I have learned to apply it 2-3 layers thick depending where it is applied vs the muffler location or a known melting point. Clean where your going to apply it very well with dish soap, periodically check if the tape starts lifting or bubbling if it does then your not thick enough.
I like your muffler, can you add a outward bubble to the first exit chamber for added expansion of gasses?

I have been using the hardware store aluminum tape for a while on quite a few of my own saws, I have learned to apply it 2-3 layers thick depending where it is applied vs the muffler location or a known melting point. Clean where your going to apply it very well with dish soap, periodically check if the tape starts lifting or bubbling if it does then your not thick enough.
I like your muffler, can you add a outward bubble to the first exit chamber for added expansion of gasses?
I could, its got 1” to expand before it has to go sideways.

Best to angle your exhaust to the clutch cover side. Straight forward in a long cut will get the tree pretty hot. Most guys go out the top left corner , looking at the muffler.

Best to angle your exhaust to the clutch cover side. Straight forward in a long cut will get the tree pretty hot. Most guys go out the top left corner , looking at the muffler.
I’m still thinking about how to design the cover. Itll probably 45° out towards the clutch cover, maybe...

I can always make a second version down the road. Right now i just want to get it made, the cover is easy to redesigned and replaced.

Cool looking muffler model. Don't forget screen to keep sparks in and trash out...

Back