hutzl "Holzfforma" HH40 echo 420 clone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd548esco72

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
anybody bought one of Hutzls 40cc echo clones?

i'm not totally sure of what an echo 420 is but on the parts web it looks a lot like a cs-400

i bet it don't have a cat---

Look, I'm as cheap as anyone. That said, I don't think these seem like a "great deal" for most of us. If you live in a decent size town, Craigslist gives plenty of opportunity to buy clean low use Echos on the super cheap. It's actually part of how I've come to love Echo so much. Great tools that aren't worth much used typically. Ask yourself, would you rather have a shoddy clone, or a clean used genuine article? I've bought cs400 for $100-150 anyway. Meh... I'll pass on these.

Might... might be a decent alternative for a miser that lives out in the stix with no access to a decent used market. Seems like more of a gamble than a used CL Echo to me though.

i think it might be a nice saw that people are buying but not admitting to it. i started a google poll on the 070 in the thread i started on purchases and while i was building it it occurred to me to ask if anyone had also bought this saw. a dozen people took time to answer the 2 questions they all bought one and 6 bought the 070. i found that interesting that people would buy the saw but would not talk about it. I need a small light saw i thought about buying one and i just checked they are out, i am sure they are restocking because they left it up.

The expectation of giving a review/quality report likely kept many from noting their purchase. It's not been out long and there's a bit of a gap from spending $ to having enough hours on a saw to form a valid opinion.

i think folks are waiting for a report from the field on one.

i am tempted to get one for my uncle he just toasted his cs-3000 the other day.

i'm waiting till i hear more on one though.

Latest posts

Back