Huztl 372 kit - Needed/Recommended tools, OEM parts, etc?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I have been itching for a new project (still have too many) and started researching the Chinese Kit Saw clones from Huztl.

I always wanted to play with a 372, and when I found a Huztl Seller on Ebay for a kit $200 shipped, and I had a 10% off coupon I figured it was the time to try. For $180 that gives me a lot of room to still stay under the $220 shipped price direct from Huztl (how do you pronounce that anyway).

A lot of people seem to have built the 660 and 440 kit saws, with the tools and OEM parts they recommend, but I haven't seen as many threads for the 372.
Anyone who built them (recently) that can shed light on recommended parts?

I am confident enough in my mechanics skills, but don't have the tools to pressurize/vac, split/assemble cases, test crank alignment/out of round, etc, so tool recommendations and cheap places to buy would be helpful too.
If may ask, where did you get a 10% off coupon?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Ebay sometimes sends them out. I have seen 10%, 15%, and even 20% coupons.

My carb base was the exact same way and I did what you did. Dremel and sanding drum. But now my carb sits too low and doesn't line up with the H,L adjuster holes in the rubber grommet.
I saw a YouTube video of someone clamping the boot on the cylinder first and then bolting on the cylinder with the carb base already in place. It appeared to work like that.
Issues with the above 365/372.
e45e4df9a90336dfb322b699547fa162.jpg

No clearence for the boot.
a8f1ab8bb60a1d8d7620438f4c6079a2.jpg

Fixed with sanding drum in drillmotor.

No clear idea where this stuff went on the saw.
6fe672499af3fc582de2f2fe2ab179f9.jpg

It goes here.
f972f3cb8d7b36af3cb81f244abaa1a5.jpg

I did use a Farmertec decomp but only after I determined the stem couldn’t fall into the cylinder.
42b8c8368556867bd21e78c1bd96e3e9.jpg

OE decomps are much preferred.

Packaging managed to stuff a ring end up a transfer port.
5536d9f20e6bc7ebb8b7148a7a6e0918.jpg

Took more than a few minutes to puzzle it back out without breaking the ring.

I get the distinct impression that most of the China parts bashers have not built one lately or not at all. [emoji849]

And I am tired of reading their ********.

Yeah, I built my first 361 two years ago and it was overall crappy. [emoji13] Today it is my favorite freehand slabbing saw. [emoji106]

Since that first 361 I built another 361, a 380, three 066/660 and the 365.

All have had their problems but nothing I couldn’t surmount.
I wasn’t bashing them. Just the process to build one.
The 372 seems like a quick build. Not so the 066
I wanted to know if there is a quick way to wade thru the process.
I didn’t know there was a list of approved questions.

My only experience with a 365 type was a top end on a J-red 2171.

So, I was in uncharted territory.

The IPL was some lacking as far as fastener specs. [emoji13] All you get for a screw is a dumb part number.

I built my third 066 immediately after the 365 and it went together with nary a hitch.

Next 365 type will be much easier.
a450b86e608bfac1d2f0f555ec90885a.jpg

Yeah, the 20” is way short for 90cc but the only game in town.

The 660 took me a little longer to build than the 365/372, but it was my first build and I didn't know what I was doing and I wasn't in any hurry because it's way too hot here for me to be using a chainsaw.
I did enjoy building them and I learned a lot. I won't be building any more unless someone wants me to build one for them, because I don't need any more saws. Now I may tear these 2 back down at some point and tinker with them.

My only experience with a 365 type was a top end on a J-red 2171.

So, I was in uncharted territory.

The IPL was some lacking as far as fastener specs. [emoji13] All you get for a screw is a dumb part number.

I built my third 066 immediately after the 365 and it went together with nary a hitch.

Next 365 type will be much easier.
a450b86e608bfac1d2f0f555ec90885a.jpg

Yeah, the 20” is way short for 90cc but the only game in town.
I used to use a 20” on an 066 bucking locust.
Took 2 guys to keep the chunks out of the way.

The 660 took me a little longer to build than the 365/372, but it was my first build and I didn't know what I was doing and I wasn't in any hurry because it's way too hot here for me to be using a chainsaw.
I did enjoy building them and I learned a lot. I won't be building any more unless someone wants me to build one for them, because I don't need any more saws. Now I may tear these 2 back down at some point and tinker with them.

Thanks. Appreciate the answer

Latest posts

Back