Huztl FarmerTec MS380, MS381, 038 Build Kit Start to Finish

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That suxs. I did have an issue a couple months ago that drove me mad. It cleared customs lickity split and headed down eastern seaboard and got to my distribution center in Greensboro NC in one day and it sat there for 7 days. I got all twisted up. Called several offices and no one had a clue why. That actually made it worse. And bam it showed up on the 8th day in perfect condition inside and out with a perfect label. So I feel ya. Glad that's only happened once. The box did not look like it had been opened either.

I just checked and my package was in Des Moines at 00:16:00 today. Maybe 4 hours...maybe 4 days.

I checked mine this morning at 4am and it was still in China near Hong Kong from the map.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

This from the same guy who told ME not to get "all twisted up" when I couldn't get any confirmation of shipping or a tracking number for my 440 kit several weeks ago. Glad to see you are as impatient as I am. (grin)

That suxs. I did have an issue a couple months ago that drove me mad. It cleared customs lickity split and headed down eastern seaboard and got to my distribution center in Greensboro NC in one day and it sat there for 7 days. I got all twisted up. Called several offices and no one had a clue why. That actually made it worse. And bam it showed up on the 8th day in perfect condition inside and out with a perfect label. So I feel ya. Glad that's only happened once. The box did not look like it had been opened either.

I thought it might be interesting to mention the updates the MS380 got from the 038 around 2003

tank caps
tank vent
choke shutter
suction hose
elastostart
chain tensioner

and the round name plate clipped to the fan housing rather than the shroud.
fan housing is different because of the round name plate
the shroud had an unbroken gunsight and a different contour, carb box got a new contour
the tank vent is the 0000 350 5800 mushroom with craters.
ground wire has the connector sleeve we see today
the choke shutter is two piece now 1119 120 2900 flexibly connecting together
suction hose is S shaped 1119 358 7701
fan housing besides whats already been mentioned the air intake holes were enlarged
hand guard screw mounting point now uses a hollow rivet and a washer
chain tensioner went from a front to a side tensioner with the bar plate

***the new air filter has been strengthened 1119 120 1604 1119 120 1621

so I can assume that means the 038 crankcase is different from the MS380 because of the chain tensioner moving from the front to the side.

swesen you gotta admit seeing something sit 40 miles from your house for a week would spark you. my memory for you is different, i was trying to show you where to look for the information that would help you. i found my tracking number and can see my current kit is taken a ride around china, i imagine its on the back of a bike or a donkey. hate your were sore about me helping with suggestions on how to find your tracking number.

the ipl just shows one cylinder size the 52mm. i know it was said huztl just showed the 52mm. 12mm wrist pin

its only got one pawl, the starter rope is 4.5mm

carbs c3-s148, c3-s149 as of 2010
bing 48a101c , 48a125a

just one level on the buffers

two base gaskets
1119 029 2302
1119 029 2303 1mm low compression gasket

If old man Stihl had re-introduced the 038 it would cost $1000 or more and a lot of us wouldn't buy it. Plus this way we get to assemble our own rather than trust the mass production...
That saw here cost 1200 new back in the day. With 18" bar

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

You got that rite. Everything more here.

My inlaw was pricing a new ms 441 the other week and was gonna be close to 1500 out the door.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

I thought it might be interesting to mention the updates the MS380 got from the 038 around 2003

tank caps
tank vent
choke shutter
suction hose
elastostart
chain tensioner

and the round name plate clipped to the fan housing rather than the shroud.
fan housing is different because of the round name plate
the shroud had an unbroken gunsight and a different contour, carb box got a new contour
the tank vent is the 0000 350 5800 mushroom with craters.
ground wire has the connector sleeve we see today
the choke shutter is two piece now 1119 120 2900 flexibly connecting together
suction hose is S shaped 1119 358 7701
fan housing besides whats already been mentioned the air intake holes were enlarged
hand guard screw mounting point now uses a hollow rivet and a washer
chain tensioner went from a front to a side tensioner with the bar plate

***the new air filter has been strengthened 1119 120 1604 1119 120 1621

so I can assume that means the 038 crankcase is different from the MS380 because of the chain tensioner moving from the front to the side.
I'm looking forward to comparing it to my 038's. I have a super, magnum, magnum II, and standard.

Another thing I noticed is some use Caber rings which mine came from Greece. They never have used a tracking number on anything I've bought from them, currently I'm waiting on a set of seals for an 041 but can't find out where they are or when they'll get here..

Latest posts

Back