Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only used Motoseal. It seems really thin. Is Dirko thicker? The stuff Stihl uses on clamshell pans- after they're removed is nearly in the same shape as when it was applied. Motoseal kinda flows all around lol

I haven't actually used the Dirko yet, I got one tube for a customer and one to stick on Ebay, since most people haven't heard of it I expect it will be there forever or until I run out of 518 one day and give it a try :)
Am I right that permatex and Loctite are the same company and just have different names and numbers for different markets?

Didn't you just say that Motoseal was like water or did I misread your post?
I've never used Motoseal, but from the sounds of things I bet it doesn't take much to find a heavier product.

I've always used Yamabond 4 myself
I did say it was thin. I didn't know if other case sealants were as runny or not. Motoseal is all that's available locally so when I run out I just get more. But I've been contemplating using something thicker. Looking for recommendations is all

The motoseal is messier but easier to apply than 518 but the 518 is tackier and stays in place. Using motoseal a saw can be started shortly after a saw is put back together but 518 8 let set overnight
Thanks. Yeah I've always started mine within a couple hours of using motoseal. No failures yet so I guess it's an OK product

Latest posts

Back