I’ve been demolished repeatedly for carelessness in the logging woods.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just scratches. That being said, you do know why this keeps happening to you, right?

You have more scratches from tree work than I have in almost 40 years. I have yet to get any stitches from a chainsaw. That leg looks like you got caught by a bit of carelessness to me.

Now I've broken a few ribs on several occasions, but that was was from testing the equipment as a fall arrest system. Yep. Stopped my fall each time I tried it out.

You might want to consider a new career, I don't think this one suits you
I think I suits me just fine. Nothing I’d rather do more I cut and trim 60 oak a day stuff happens I tend to be reckless at times it’s just me I’m fine I trust in the most high to take me out pretty safe every day.

I think I suits me just fine. Nothing I’d rather do more I cut and trim 60 oak a day stuff happens I tend to be reckless at times it’s just me I’m fine I trust in the most high to take me out pretty safe every day.
Then you might want to consider switching to a different company that will give you better training and PPE. I can only imagine what their Workers comp rates are at this point.

Just scratches. That being said, you do know why this keeps happening to you, right?

You have more scratches from tree work than I have in almost 40 years. I have yet to get any stitches from a chainsaw. That leg looks like you got caught by a bit of carelessness to me.

Now I've broken a few ribs on several occasions, but that was was from testing the equipment as a fall arrest system. Yep. Stopped my fall each time I tried it out.
I was backing away from a tree that was falling on the edge of a field and the saw was running still my heal caught on a green brier and I fell back hand came off my top handle other hand tightened on the trigger it reved I let off as I was falling it skipped across my leg went back to work the next day no biggy

I was backing away from a tree that was falling on the edge of a field and the saw was running still my heal caught on a green brier and I fell back hand came off my top handle other hand tightened on the trigger it reved I let off as I was falling it skipped across my leg went back to work the next day no biggy
Oh, so those were all one incident?

If everyone wants to punch down on everything that’s happened to me that’s fine I really don’t care I do the job I do not because it’s safe you can’t be scared your whole life I make the most money than I ever have and I’ll keep doing it till I can’t. I’m definitely not afraid of death god has saved me from serious injuries to many times for me to stop trusting in the most high.

Then you might want to consider switching to a different company that will give you better training and PPE. I can only imagine what their Workers comp rates are at this point.
No workmen’s comp lol I live in the woods I cut with my friend. I run a 648 John Deere skidder operate my own saws I pay my taxes I have my own insurance for the bumps we have a barco loader and work cutting our own timber we buy and sell to local saw mills we are country loggers we ain’t no big operators we make better money than any construction company or restaurants in our area. As for protective equipment I’ve always wore a helmet i ware chaps after that cut. I’m not a dumbass hick like you think I cut multiple escape routes I always run shithappens when you work on your own every accident that’s happened to me was from fatigue I leave when I get to hot now or tire or if I’m sick but if you miss work around here you go without and I’m not about to do that I have a dairy farm and animals that need food.

I dont know if I'd post pictures of my injuries unless it was a teaching experience.
I totally get the adrenaline and fun of tree work though, hood surfing at 70mph was cool to! Which I cant point at the spec in your eye with the plank in mine.
Money never really played a part in my thrill seeking , I'm more cautious now though as it takes a few more days to recover myself from a bad injury.

I dont know if I'd post pictures of my injuries unless it was a teaching experience.
I totally get the adrenaline and fun of tree work though, hood surfing at 70mph was cool to! Which I cant point at the spec in your eye with the plank in mine.
Money never really played a part in my thrill seeking , I'm more cautious now though as it takes a few more days to recover myself from a bad injury.
That’s kinda what I was trying to do but everyone wants to crap on me I said ask how it happened and I’d tell but it’s more fun to sh*t on someone. I can’t make 4000$ or better a month anyware else around ware I live and I just like it.if I could delete the thread I would. I’ll tell you what tho I ain’t no bi*tch and I’ve never been afraid to do my job.

I'd practice setting that chain brake a bit more often, if I was you.
I was at a GTG once, and stumbled backwards in a thicket of branches while everybody was cutting up a tree. I still managed to set the chain brake and toss the saw away from my body as I went down. It was rather embarrassing, though.

That’s kinda what I was trying to do but everyone wants to crap on me I said ask how it happened and I’d tell but it’s more fun to sh*t on someone. I can’t make 4000$ or better a month anyware else around ware I live and I just like it.if I could delete the thread I would. I’ll tell you what tho I ain’t no bi*tch and I’ve never been afraid to do my job.

Try to ignoe the discouraging parts of the internet, I think most can appreciate hard work.

I'd practice setting that chain brake a bit more often, if I was you.
I was at a GTG once, and stumbled backwards in a thicket of branches while everybody was cutting up a tree. I still managed to set the chain brake and toss the saw away from my body as I went down. It was rather embarrassing, though.
I just shut the damn saw off after I fall one now. Lesson learned the hard way.

Latest posts

Back