I bare the truth ! My sword vs Your Dagger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha, step back?

Seth wrote he had one Stihl dealer.
So I posted a list of Stihl dealers in his area and asked about service. I didn't care about his answer to service. I just wanted an answer on dealers. I wanted him to verify the dealers in his area.
He verified 8 or 9 of the 10 dealers. So did Madsaw.

So if the one Stihl in Seth's area isn't true as he claimed, what is true?

I don't care what reasons a person has for running brand X. Maybe they feel better. Maybe they're cheaper. Maybe they like the colors better. I don't care. But I do care when someone makes up a story as to why they don't run brand X. Lies do nobody any service.

I have openly and repeatedly written on this forum that I run Stihl because I have a good Stihl dealer close. Look up zip code 98001. There are 10 of them within 12 miles of the center of zip code 98001. Last night Manual, you told me how to find the Jonsered dealer. Great but it's out of my way and a dealer 10 miles away isn't anything to write home about if the dealer 4 miles away does a great job. I still don't know where there's a Dolmar dealer. And I know of one Husky dealer. If other saws had as good or better support than Stihl, I would run them. No sense in limiting yourself but then the Husky, Jonsered and Dolmar distributors limit me, don't they? The Stihl distributor does not. I don't like being limited.

It's sad to see when people have to make up stories about why their saw is better or why brand X is worse. It shows an insecurity.

BTW, Washington, Oregon Idaho and California have great cheese, wine and beer too. :laugh:

Wow. OK
Now it's my turn.

:monkey:

Who Makes Brand X Chainsaws ? Answer carefully or else. :fart:

some random thoughts

Now we will not even go to the beer area. I am not proud to live in such a state. We are consider per person the highest beer consumption state. My little town if you sober your strange.

LOL It took me until a little later in life, and some traveling around the U.S, to learn that not every little town has 5 or 6 taverns. In some places they don't even sell alcohol on Sunday. What do they do when they watch the Packers?

Red is a popular color up here. Jonsered is big as well as Stihl, and Dolmar is coming on strong. But what happened to Husky? 15 years or so ago it seemed to be "the saw" to have. Just don't see them around lately.

I'm lucky though, one of the top shops in my area is a dealer for Stihl and Jonsered. They can fix just about anything too.

The last Monday night game I went to was the 49ers at Green Bay. I had a humongous cheese hat on, and I met a guy from California with a "wine and cheese hat" on. Not sure what type of wine (prefer whiskey myself) but it was a big glass of red right on top of his cheese. Nice people from out west, a lot of good natured ribbing going on. I remember the game well, but the after party was kind of blurry.

Where I work you can't buy anything not made by stihl.. except logger tapes and bio bar oil! Maybe a few wedges and carb kits too ;)

And that's why your so good at what you do!

The problem that we are joking about here is that there are an awful lot of places that are so far removed from the saw business that they shouldn't bother carrying them. And despite OEM "requirements" regarding stocking parts, and trained technicians, it's really like Thall said: If they can move some units and pay their bills, they can be a dealer.

Fuzly stated it well - - -

Up where we own our land not too far from the land of Fuzly ( Antigo, WI ) has to be one of the best saw dealers in the state if not perhaps in the country!

Fuller's equipment in Antigo run by the owner, Bob Fuller is one of the best places a chainsaw addict could possibly go. He stocks and SERVICES - Stihl, Husqvarna and Dohlmar!! The place is a virtual mecca with just about every model of all three brands on display, with a huge parts inventory and great service department. In addition the sell wood splitters, trimmers, tractors, mowers etc.

Their prices are reasonable and they will gladly order parts for anyone wanting to service their own saws or whatever.

So despite all the gloom about "so-called dealers" popping up everywhere, there still are GOOD dealers around. You might just have to drive a little to get there. . . . GO PACK - - - 4 & 0!

Al

Kinda like my local Dolmar dealer that builds race car's and only sells about 15 Dolmar units a year...

And not to mention my closest Jred dealer that is a farm coop and rental shop..Did I mention that there rental saws are Stihl.......

Looks like you can sell all brands out of your back room...:laugh: :laugh:

"Can I get me some shell corn and a bag of oats and 2 chains for my 2149"

It sure is nice to have a few good dealers around for all brands ..

Hey pardner,,,, Did ya want Crimped or whole oats??????????? :sucks: :notrolls2: :hmm3grin2orange:

And that's why your so good at what you do!

The problem that we are joking about here is that there are an awful lot of places that are so far removed from the saw business that they shouldn't bother carrying them. And despite OEM "requirements" regarding stocking parts, and trained technicians, it's really like Thall said: If they can move some units and pay their bills, they can be a dealer.

I would think that would be a regional thing. Certainly in timber country a good shop knows it's saws, it's clients and it's parts counter. Maybe all they deal in is saws.

OTOH, if the dealer is not in timber country, they still have to survive. Without a customer base solely interested in saws, they'd have to sell mowers, maybe even outboards.

I mean really, what's the issue? A shop owner is going to display what sells. If there's no money in it, the guy has to find something to sell. The dealers knowlege base is going to follow what sells. And yeah, there arer some lame dealers.

. . . . GO PACK - - - 4 & 0!

Al

Off topic, but.......It's great to see Farve having the year he's having after a lot of people said he was losing it and his career was nearing it's end.

This could NEVER happen in NY, cause the papers would have been all over him, the fans would boo him, and he'd have been traded or dumped. That's why with the exception of the Yankees, all of our teams are jokes.

You cheeseheads enjoy it, cause he's a great one!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back