I Blame this on AS & everyone on here!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioGregg

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A little over a year ago, I owned 1 saw, and was gettin by just fine. Now, since joining this site I have found myself with 10 saws! Well 9, if ya don't count the "Wild Thing" lol.
I have learned a bunch, not only about my beloved Poulans, but others as well. Who knows, might even own a Sthil someday.;) In this past year, I even started doing some chainsaw milling! I know that would never have happened without this site. The many folks on here, besides being very helpfull, are dern entertaining too! LOL Just wanted to say thanks to the folks that run Arborsite, and all its members, for a very awakening year!
:cheers:
Gregg,

100_0289.jpg

Very glad that you find collecting saws so rewarding.

Posts like this bring me true pleasure and help me sleep better at night.:hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

yeahhh i know what you mean.. you search around the net for reviews on saws because youre interested in getting one. inevitably this site crops up in search results.. you join. Somehow after you get your saw (after reading opinions on here.. )you find yourself thinking.." now i need just one more bigger saw and ill be ready for any job". Then you read about people buying project saws /parts saws and fixing them up and next thing you know youre trying it too. :laugh:

I think this site helped turn me from someone who just wanted reviews on saws into someone who has an interest in them. I guess it is my hobby. Last yr i took down my first tree with my 346xp and i really really enjoyed it. Now i see trees and in my mind im imagining how i would go about felling them! And its this interest and the site which helps fuel the interest which has led to me owning 5 saws now.. i know i cant rationally justify owning them but i dont care!

Thanks for posting your photo of your saws. Everyone loves photos here! regards A

It's obvious which brand and era you like;) Now just wait til you have 50 of them!:laugh:

They don't die, they multiply:dizzy:.

I came here (and still here) for information and :help: as well.

My wife asked the other day where they keep coming from. :hmm3grin2orange: I tell her it's for me to conduct scientific studies, since it was free no harm. Just don't let her in on the replacement parts expenses.

I can't remember what I was looking for when I found this site and I don't know if I found what I was looking for. I may have gotten side-tracked reading the forum. I started with just one saw and now have two. If it had been better financial times I could only imagine what my collection would be like, judging by my tool and gun collections. Well, there's always next year!:clap:

We assume that you are referring to "in-laws"?

They congregate at the family functions in steady numbers at this time.

I was referring to the mechanical devices and tools we utilize for wood working applications.

They don't die, they multiply:dizzy:.

I came here (and still here) for information and :help: as well.

My wife asked the other day where they keep coming from. :hmm3grin2orange: I tell her it's for me to conduct scientific studies, since it was free no harm. Just don't let her in on the replacement parts expenses.

Exactly! I keep telling myself these poor neglected Parts saws are a bargin!
But the carb kits, fuel & air filters, plugs, etc. add up in a hurry. Not to mention most need a new bar & chain, and any parts that you replace, because you foud a better one.:dizzy: But, they still are a LOT cheaper than what these went for new! I paid nearly $300 with tax on a new 3400 back in 1985.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Dadburned guys here got me also !!
gone thru like 20 saws in the last three months ??
well,kept nine of them,,shoulda kept track but they way i'm goin will have had one of each anyway by the time i'm done ! LOL !
have fun,lots to learn here.
ten now ?? better go out and count again !!
oops,,do wild thangs count ?

I can't remember what I was looking for when I found this site and I don't know if I found what I was looking for. I may have gotten side-tracked reading the forum. I started with just one saw and now have two. If it had been better financial times I could only imagine what my collection would be like, judging by my tool and gun collections. Well, there's always next year!:clap:

Gun collections. Now there is another expesive hobby that grows quickly! I sold most of the Rugers I had, One of the dumbest things I ever done.:buttkick:

Gregg,

Well I came here with 1 husky 350 and a wood shark.....NOW I own 12 huskys and still looking for more!!!AS RULES :rock:

You're just getting started my friend. I too started on here with 4 saws and now have 20 some that we use. Have 3 that are for show at GTGs and play time. Lost count of whats been through the shop project saws, fixed for a friend saws and fix to resale. Always looking for the next one. It's been an adventure and me and the boy love it more everyday. It's give us something else to do together, Cutting logs and firewood or just showing them off.:rock:

I share your sentiments - a really great site with lots of handy information and opinions. I started on here in June this year without a saw of my own, and now have five.

Saws are a great and enjoyable hobby.

Regards,

Chris.

Latest posts

Back