I came very close to a killer find yesterday...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberhauler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Four years ago I was diagnosed with a very rare auto immune disorder that left me paralyzed from the waist down for about 6 months, luckily they were able to reverse it and get me on my feet again. It did permanent nerve damage in my back and feet so this caused me to sell out my tree and timber business. Last year I started it back up as a side business, now I just do fun, gravy money jobs. The dealer that I always used for buying saws and parts gave me a job made me a factory certified Stihl tech. I enjoy it more than I ever thought I would except for the occasional dumbass that you want to smack the hell out of..lol....So with that said I picked up some work orders yesterday and while looking for two saws and a trimmer that needed my attention I found an 088 and an MS440 sitting together, same owner... I pulled them up in the system and they had been waiting on their owner to pick them up since early 2012. My boss told me to call him one more time and give him til the end of the week. If he didn't come them I could have both saws for what was owed on them, which happened to be only 80 bucks. They both had sat with bad gas all this time, so I took care of that and got them both started and running. I called the guy at 11am yesterday and the bastard said he would be here this morning. I was as excited as a kid at christmas time, then my rare form of luck once again smacked me in the face. I should have known it was too easy..lol

That is a major bummer. To bad he wasn't home when you called.

What type of notice is posted in the shop regarding the settlement of service tickets and the pickup of equipment? There is a Husqvarna 372 on the shelf of a local dealer that has a service tag from 2010 that they will not sell.

Yes sir...30 days and its turned, unless prior arrangements have been made. Some places would need a wharehouse to store all the equipment never picked up and expected to keep in pristine condition for years. At least a heafty storage bill should be charged after all that time. Saws aren't as bad but the snow blowers and riding mowers take a lot of space.

Most shops don't have the room for storage. Let alone sitting on a bill for repairs and parts that have already been paid for by dealer/shop. Thats getting a lot to absorb.

Ever hear of a guy putting it in the shop and not picking it up till after the divorce?
It happens, but I don't play that game. I give them 30 days regardless. Far easier to just "loan" stuff to your friends.

Ever hear of a guy putting it in the shop and not picking it up till after the divorce?

I had a coworker that in the proceedings of his divorce dismantled his complete softail and "loaned" the parts to his buddies.

I've known people going through a bankruptcy to sign a car over to a friend and then "buy" it back a year later for a low sum.

Not something I would advocate, trustees take a dim view of that sort of thing and there are penalties if you are caught. I have been on the other side of the fence trying to undo fraudulent transfers.

Not something I would advocate, trustees take a dim view of that sort of thing and there are penalties if you are caught. I have been on the other side of the fence trying to undo fraudulent transfers.
I agree- this situation was a woman who was divorcing her husband and doing the bankruptcy in line with that. It was a real mess- both were on drugs, the husband was a problem gambler, etc. They were both scamming the system.

Is the right to exercise a mechanics lien governed by individual states or does a shop have right to establish their own policy?

In out shop our limit is 60 days..We are supposed to charge 10 buck a day for storage 15 days after a repair is done. These saws had been in the storage room since April 2012. After the dude came and got his saws my boss told me I should have just took them home and no one would have ever noticed...SMH!

Latest posts

Back