I Can't Win This Year!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
Reaction score
So the weather was decent this weekend, and I finally started getting the wood moved onto the porches. I got quite a bit moved yesterday, and while I really don't like moving wood I was looking forward to getting a lot more done today. I move the wood with a 4-wheeled cart on our old WheelHorse 312-8. So today before I unhitched the manure spreader and put the cart on, I figured I would check the oil. I've been very pleased at how clean it's stayed since I changed it a couple of weeks ago (hint #1). But yesterday I thought the engine smelled like it was too rich (hint #2). And it was low on fuel, and my wife said she was surprised that it was low on fuel so soon (hint #3).

So I check the oil and it is overfilled (big fat hint #4). I drained it - pretty much solid gasoline with a bit of oil in it.:bang: The fuel pump had puked and was pumping gasoline into the crankcase. And wouldn't you know, I just placed an order for carb parts for the generator last night - I could have saved the $8 in shipping and thrown the pump in too.

I'm hoping the old Kohler isn't hurt too bad - it was a great motor in perfect shape before this. Those are tough engines so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I just said some choice words, grabbed my axes and went off to split wood until I was too tired to break anything.

Equipment SUCKS! Try having employees who run your equipment & the problem gets exponentially worse. PM me if you need parts. I have a guy who can find anything--- new, used, rebuilt, obsolete...

Latest posts

Back