i caught a fish this big (beaver thread solved)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
ok guys i saw the bastard and i got pics lol.

first off i gotta say honey its ok shes from the city. also shes no woodsman thats for sure anyway i been watching for him and here he is hide your woodpiles hes commin for em!!!!!

lol i figure she saw it near the wood then by the time she chased it away it was dragging my wood pile in the woods by its mouth lol. a friggin woodchuck lol. i might get a bb gun just to plink it till it gets pissed and goes away or my brothers paintball gun.

i had to share with you guys after that 2-3 page thread about the beaver what an ending lol.

Not sure it's a "him." Could be a "she."

If it's a "she," and you don't dispatcher her. Good chance you'll have oodles of pups running around by the end of summer.

Although, the one in the pic looks like this year's model. Would probably be next year before all the "extras" start arriving.

They arent aggresive and look kind of cute,especially to women and kids, but they dig holes for their den and throw alot of dirt out. Depending where the hole is it can cause probs. Then they love to eat greens like from a garden that you have spent alot of time tending to. Just my opinion, I would get rid of him. Quietly ;)

I can see some good target practice coming up. Can't miss him with this.

scan0002.jpg

Last edited:
I had to take one out with my 22 just the other day. The sob dug under my neighbors pond overflow culvert. My neighbor ended up having to replace the whole 150' long culvert, at a cost of about 3,000. So I say pop him.:cheers:

i got a gun nut buddy but i dont have any land too bad he just got a ar-15 i think it was. im not huge into guns but its a friggin assault rifle. hes also got his machine gun permit lol. i might have to borrow a .22.

They arent aggresive and look kind of cute,especially to women and kids, but they dig holes for their den and throw alot of dirt out. Depending where the hole is it can cause probs. Then they love to eat greens like from a garden that you have spent alot of time tending to. Just my opinion, I would get rid of him. Quietly ;)

Not Aggresive:jawdrop: ? Ha! You corner one and you'll find out how aggresive they are! Have you ever looked at the teeth on one of these animals? There not afraid to use them, I'll gaurentee you that. Shot the damb thing! Don't fool around, and wish you did later. Ground Hogs around here get a 200 yard start. My rifle is set at that range. Nice shot too. If they get at my bird feeder, the 12 Gauge does a nice job. Bruce.

~~Snip~~

Not Aggresive:jawdrop: ? Ha! You corner one and you'll find out how aggresive they are! Have you ever looked at the teeth on one of these animals? There not afraid to use them, I'll gaurentee you that.

You got that right.

When I was a kid, our dog had one cornered in the field. I walked up to take a closer look and the thing latched onto my wrist.

It held on almost 100 yards with me trying to shake it off while running back to the house.

The hog ended up getting dispatched and I ended up with stitches.

Last edited:
They taste pretty good if you use the slow cooker. (PETA answer)

That's nasty...

I whack one or two a year at my house. My neighbors didn't like me doing it at first, but then one of them started digging around thier pool. Now, they beg me to shoot em.

Ruger 77/.22 takes em out easy and it's pretty quiet. :clap:

What you need is about an 80 lbs. boxer, will take care of that problem in no time. That is if you dont mind barking, snarling, blood spatter(from groundhog), and the sound of breaking bones.

Latest posts

Back