I could use a hand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I have some things lined up and need someone who has good experiance to help me a few days a week or so. Just PM me if you are interested.

Aww... c'mon dano, just run an ad in the local fishwrapper and see what comes in. its fun! lol.

Well, this is what I have been putting off lately anyway.

Seriously though: I sometimes miss my younger days when I went out to the bar all the time. It may sound stupid, but it gives you an opportunity to find young people out of work, and a chance to see what they're all about before having to deal with them on the job.

Aww... c'mon dano, just run an ad in the local fishwrapper and see what comes in. its fun! lol.

Well, this is what I have been putting off lately anyway.

Seriously though: I sometimes miss my younger days when I went out to the bar all the time. It may sound stupid, but it gives you an opportunity to find young people out of work, and a chance to see what they're all about before having to deal with them on the job.

I couldn't cope if I did that.

I,m in the same boat, I could use some help myself. All winter I hardly had work but had help if I needed it. Now that work has picked up I have no help.

I put an add on craigslist...big mistake! Every retard this side of the susquehanna was calling me. Deleted that real quick.

i wonder what it takes to get in to logging im to old to start now just hope you dont treat your guys the way they do on the logging shows.good luck

I couldn't cope if I did that.

Whats that? the bar or the help wanted add? lol.

Oh god... wish me luck, I just placed a help wanted add.

I have learned to at least head it with my business name, as to not get the same old unemployable dirtballs calling year after year.

You gotta love it when the add says "must be experienced", and the first thing they say is "well i never worked for a tree service, but I have been cutting wood with my dad since blahh, blahh, blahh".

Whats that? the bar or the help wanted add? lol.

Oh god... wish me luck, I just placed a help wanted add.

I have learned to at least head it with my business name, as to not get the same old unemployable dirtballs calling year after year.

You gotta love it when the add says "must be experienced", and the first thing they say is "well i never worked for a tree service, but I have been cutting wood with my dad since blahh, blahh, blahh".

Yes it should be a law that you have to put your name in the ad. I like to know who I am talking to. Around here it all the same: tree climber wanted but no name. How do I know if its somebody I don't want to talk to either.
I contacted this one company who didn't put thier name in the ad. I don't think they will pay me what I want or put up with my prima donna attitude. I don't know though. I went in for a quick interview, I don't feel the need to tell them were I have worked before. The first thing they said was that they were sorry for being vague and all but they get alot of drunks and druggies. I just told them how I feel about the whole thing and was looking for very good money. They have not called me back. I think they would rather have some poor drunk who will do whatever they tell him for 17 bucks an hour for 6 days a week . I don't know though, it might turn out to be something worth while but I wasn't born with this negative attitude either and if you expect me to break every ball I have for barely over poverty level I guess I had better be drunk.
We will see. We left as we were going to set up a trial day to let them see what I have got but I haven't gotten a call back. They did tell me that they had a few crews armed with buckets but no real climber.
I am about ready to throw in the towel anyway. The one job I looked at today I was beaten by almost 300. It was by this guy:

I had done work for the lady before. I am sure she has the impression we are all overpaid anyway... except for her.
So Stanley Pupek is going to do the job. I know he has new trucks and don't pay any of the drunks more than 15 bucks an hour. He don't want anybody worth more anyway, that would throw off his pricing.

I had all but forgot about The Crayon Hack!!!

yeah his " top climber" gets like 14 bucks an hour, if that, so i understand where the money came from for the new truck. I asked the guy for a job years ago ( I didn't know any better) and he pratically laughed in my face. I realize now he was not interested in someone who actually gives a crap.

not sure if it helps but....................

I'm heading down to Knoxville Tn in a week or so,it would be nice to get out of the drivers seat along the way.If anyone needs a hand let me know so I know whether to bring the climbing gear.I can run ropes too.

I can travel a couple different ways but I prefer to go I-84 west to I-81 south.Make it worth my while and I might go through Jersey.

860-916-3290 Steve

You sure you were beaten out by the guy on the ladder or could it have been a fellow named Rick

Doing some interviews today....

Do you guys think its snobbish of me to not want to hire a kid (29) because his teeth are rotting out... I mean he's got no real exp. but seems alright otherwise. I just have a hard time not looking at the grill (especially that real brown one).

I'm not even kidding! I wanna know what you guys think??

Do you guys think its snobbish of me to not want to hire a kid (29) because his teeth are rotting out... I mean he's got no real exp. but seems alright otherwise. I just have a hard time not looking at the grill (especially that real brown one).

I'm not even kidding! I wanna know what you guys think??

It's your company image and a toofless wonder boy ain't gonna help it. Methhead?

It's your company image and a toofless wonder boy ain't gonna help it. Methhead?

Lol. No, I dont think he was a methhead.. just a bit simple or whatever you wanna call it. I hear you with the image though. I feel bad for the kid, but who wants your customer looking at that grill while you're up in the tree!

I just hired one with the CDL. Seems alright, some exp. - we shall see. Try him out latter in the week and maybe saturday (for my neighbor's job, lol).

You could get him some of that Wild Bill's Jerky- Ya don't need teef to enjoy beef!
No, don't hire him. I freaked out on a guy cause he looked like crap and smelled like a drunk. It just was to dam irritating.
Plus no experiance? What you have there is a zombie ,bro, you would be doing him and the world a favour if you blew his head off. Yeah, you up there and him down there and the client walks out...

I would say if you met the guy, had words, and if something strikes you as bothersome then don't wait til it really gets under your skin. Hey, its your world right?
Its probably not just the teeth, its his whole persona which amplifies the teeth. It happens. Some people just irritate people. You may come across someone with bad teeth who doesn't irritate you at all. That guy's persona would negate his bad teeth.

Latest posts

Back