I could use a hand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's your company image and a toofless wonder boy ain't gonna help it. Methhead?

You should see this wuss bag I picked instead... WTF is wrong with me?? maybe I should pay someone else to interview these losers. I know I suck at it. I always want to just grab one or two right off the bat so I dont have to meet anymore of em! lol.

This guy though.. talk about lazy, and wimpy too! My buddy Dennis was calling him "one limb jim" (talk about a classic) by the end of the day. He just sort of ignored it. lol. I really should have seen this coming as soon as I layed eyes on the 80's S-10 blazer with the gaping rot holes in it. you really can tell alot by a persons ride (sometimes).

You should see this wuss bag I picked instead... WTF is wrong with me?? maybe I should pay someone else to interview these losers. I know I suck at it. I always want to just grab one or two right off the bat so I dont have to meet anymore of em! lol.

This guy though.. talk about lazy, and wimpy too! My buddy Dennis was calling him "one limb jim" (talk about a classic) by the end of the day. He just sort of ignored it. lol. I really should have seen this coming as soon as I layed eyes on the 80's S-10 blazer with the gaping rot holes in it. you really can tell alot by a persons ride (sometimes).

Jeez dude, rotten teeth, rotten truck, sounds like I should bring my rotten attitude up there and ....
Like I said before was that you just can't expect normal people to do this work.

LMFAO!

MDS are you sure your not running ads in the local Special Needs papers?

New employees need only do what their told and keep their mouths shut for one day. Then you never see them again, or they normally make a decent hand. Maybe you should try telling them that in the interviews. Course if you dont run a lean mean tree cleaning machine, the lazy ones could slip by...

you really can tell alot by a persons ride (sometimes).

So if some kid shows up with a sticker on his new hat, new kick, etc. and drives a BMW with some gleaming MoMo's he should be a hard worker....Sorry but a daily vehicle is a machine that need to work not a silver spoon that hangs on a shelf.

Chainsaws should be shinny and new looking since they are worked so hard. Yes I clean them and they look good, but you can tell they are worked.

Look at yourself in the mirror and look for the characteristics that signal what a worker should look like. Compare that to other hard workers you know. Next time take a good look from head to toe(boots), appearance, hands, etc.

Last edited:
dan what was your zip code again. i could possibly help am very experienced in rigging and have been climbing for 5 years. i could also use alot of help. but if your intersted i could possibly help you on the weekends or something. i got 3 full time guys that might be interested in making a couple bucks in thier spare time also. thier good grunts.

I have been looking for some weekend part time work if anyone needs the help in southeastern pa. PM me if needed. Can't climb, and not an arborist, but have been in the construction industry all my life and good with a saw. Also have all my own gear. And I have all my teeth...

Do you guys think its snobbish of me to not want to hire a kid (29) because his teeth are rotting out... I mean he's got no real exp. but seems alright otherwise. I just have a hard time not looking at the grill (especially that real brown one).

I'm not even kidding! I wanna know what you guys think??

you think he mite be doing crack or something like that I wouldn't hire him

Jeez dude, rotten teeth, rotten truck, sounds like I should bring my rotten attitude up there and ....
Like I said before was that you just can't expect normal people to do this work.

whats normal about this job I'm not crazy Im insane too much time in the trees

you think he mite be doing crack or something like that I wouldn't hire him

I ended passing on that one. Got me this little Puertorican kid thats a tank, and working out sweet so far... then there is "one limb Jim". thats another story right there. I just keep cracking the whip on old Jim.. its a constant battle really.

I ended passing on that one. Got me this little Puertorican kid thats a tank, and working out sweet so far... then there is "one limb Jim". thats another story right there. I just keep cracking the whip on old Jim.. its a constant battle really.

y keep him around if you gotta keep on him my brother is out of work cause his boss is selling out (he had a triple bypass) but he didn't deal with anyone he had to keep on to do the work it just didn't get the job dun time is money isn't their any good workers anymore or just that hard to find

Latest posts

Back