I did it now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice saw I got one of those for milling last year. Have fun breaking it in for the first 10 tanks. Cutting firewood breaking it in before I put it on the mill was a backbreaking good time.

thats a BEAUTY thats my dream saw. I would buy one if i won the lottery. I would have to pump iron before using it but it would be cutting wood more than in my hands.

50 Pic

Thought I should finally post a pic of the 50. That is a Leopold 45x scope on top, I have since put new rings on it though. It sure is fun to play with.

Anyone have a suggestion on what is the best CSM for the money?

Try an Alaskan.....

I've got plenty of .404 chain. Just drive it up to me, and I'll take it off your hands.....I only have 2 3120's.........

Seriously, though, I do have a repairable (by Chainbar Repair in Oregon) 42 inch bar...that could be retipped to .375....and a 6 foot bar and chain that I really don't need.....but I reckon you won't either, unless you go scouting out some old stumps!!

Last edited:
Thought I should finally post a pic of the 50. That is a Leopold 45x scope on top, I have since put new rings on it though. It sure is fun to play with.

i am definitely jealous of this!!! i'm trying to find me a rifle action to build a long range target/ sniper rifle set up...preferably .308

.308 and 7mm mag. seem to be the rounds of choice around here for Deer hunting. Why you need that for a 250-300# Deer, I am not sure. But they sure are cool for the BLOW SH!T UP factor!!!

where are you at?

newguy, where in western WA are you? There are more than a few on us around here that would be happy to convert that saw to 3/8 for you. Would probably only cost about $100 and take 3-4 months for "testing". If you like, I would gladly offer my services for $75, what a deal!

Sniper rifle??? WTH do you need that for?
Gary
actually just going for a sniper rifle set up...adjustable stock. mil-dot recticle scope, bipod

.308 and 7mm mag. seem to be the rounds of choice around here for Deer hunting. Why you need that for a 250-300# Deer, I am not sure. But they sure are cool for the BLOW SH!T UP factor!!!

well around here we can't use rifles for deer....shotguns, muzzleloaders, pistols and bows...those are pretty good sized bullets for deer.....but they would do the trick. ive got a .270 w/ 90gr hollow pt, 3500 fps,that i use for coyotes(when running them with dogs)

im leaning towards .308 because of the availability of rounds and the vast array of ballistics/parts and info on them

the main purpose of this gun...other than the fun of building it...would be for long range target(~1000 yd) and still hunting coyotes...

NOT FOR TAKING OUT ANY HIGH UP GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS.....i prolly shouldn't even say things like that.........knock on the door---prolly the SS

Last edited:
Back