I dumped gas out of a VERY low hour saw..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't worry about it. fuel filters are there for a reason. as long as straight gas doesn't make it into my tank i'm happy ;). do you think loggers take a paint brush into the woods to brush off there caps before refueling/oiling? i don't think so. i just clean out the tank everytime i replace the fuel filter. no need to get fussy over a little bit of sawdust :givebeer:

That is also my thoughts about dirt around the caps. Some of the local loggers just pour mix over the caps to get rid of most of the dirt. They clean their air filter in the same manor.

Later
Dan

Yea it would but it would be alot cheaper than gas if the gov't didnt put their hand in everything. I had some that was like rocket fuel. No cutting the proof here :)

mmm... delicious. would have to ferment with the apples so water doesnt use osmosis to go from the apples into the "fuel"

I am curious if you could get a saw to run off moonshine....

If the alcohol content is high enough, yes. I wouldn't recommend it though, as alcohol destroys rubber and attracts water, which will lead to corrosion in the tank and carb.

We have all herd of e85 fuel right? The reason for not having e100 is its basicly moonshine and people would drink it so they add %15 gasoline so you can't drink it. They actually have e98 2% gas for the same reason.

Latest posts

Back