I got a 5018 cub cadet saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osb_mail

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was really sad this spring when TSC stop selling cub cadet saws .i really like mine the only problem i have had was the nut that holds tension on bar broke . Had a friend weld it It has been fine since .I bought the saw 3 years ago . guess i just thought i would say something about my fav. saw.

osb_mail said:
i really like mine the only problem i have had was the nut that holds tension on bar broke . Had a friend weld it It has been fine since .

What exactly did your friend weld?

I believe

I believe they were the first mass market UCCS

Universal Chinese Chain Saw

But someone mentioned that Solo had a hand in some of the models I do not know for certain.

the cub cadet saws are made by efco,an Italian based company.
olympyk became efco or something like that,the efco saw is actually well built and pretty strong performers.

mini kahuna said:
the cub cadet saws are made by efco,an Italian based company.
olympyk became efco or something like that,the efco saw is actually well built and pretty strong performers.
I'd believe that, I have an old Efco Jet 330 weedwhacker, built like a tank and runs beauty, tons of power, a very good machine imo. Parts are a drag though, at least for this, the tank was pooched (UV damaged to crispness) and they wanted over 100$ for this hunk of plastic, gah! I've used it as a cradle for another gas tank scavenged from a lawnmower, up and running again. Now if I could just find the darned nut that holds the head on........

:cheers:

Next time I get down to Country Home produts I'll take a look if they still have some....they sold them for a short time too

My mistake

I made a mistake I believe

My understanding was the DR saw was relayed to me to be a Solo design of some sort

I do not know about the Cub/Troybuilt

Sorry for my error

Now CHP/DR is selling Tanaka......so I give up

The Troybuilts did come from Emac an Italian company who did do Trimmers and some late saws branded McCulloch before the blow up of the 90s

I retract the UCC comment and apologize for my error

rb_in_va said:
What exactly did your friend weld?
It is the piece that goes into the bar to hold tension .I got my saw jammed and it broke do not know if was a bad made part or a rough operator

Latest posts

Back