I got a BIG saw for christmas.

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this saw has odd limiters on it will a standard poulan spline carb adjusting tool work on it?

now that is a sweet gift! i've never gotten a saw from anyone as a gift. i'm usually the one giving saws as a gift. gotten many free but they are always hurt in need of work. guy pretty well see's it as me doing him a favour by taking it. the 365/372 really isn't a big difference with shorter bars IMO but i would carve out those transfer covers anyways just to improve efficiency. now you got the husky 2 saw plan. no need for that little 330 :D easiest way to get rid of it is put it at the end of the driveway with a free sign on it. still might take a month but it will eventually get taken if it's a runner. lol

Just over here? None of your pics load other than the one at the bottom under the smiley.

Yes the Poulan carb tool works don't set the max rpm over 13000 watch fleetcomand and Spike60's videos on youtube about Husky XT saws
the way i tune, it should 4 stroke out of the cut and clean up in the cut i dont tune with a tach. and im running 50:1 in it

I ran mine stock for the 1st 6 months or so and it did fine. During that time, I ran a 20, a 24, and a 28" bar on it. I was just going to have the restrictors removed, but I ended up getting it ported as well. This was my 1st ported saw and I have bought one other ported saw. If I am cutting wood by myself I usually use one of my stock saws anyway.

you all are a bunch of gullible midgets,,,,, I saw what jake get for real,,, was a beat up wild thingy that looked like it was in a pond for a few years,,, here he is fishing it out of the pond,,,
Wild-Carp-From-Wild-Ponds-300x222.jpg

I had one a couple years ago and absolutely love them. They have loads of torque and that mean pop to the exhaust! One of the best saws for the money in the Husqvarna line up. I cut some pretty good sized oak firewood rounds with mine and it had great muscle. They are heavy enough that mine never got too far from the truck but that is where all the BIG wood got cut up anyway. They also do pretty good on fuel for their size. I never made any modifications to mine. I like them the way the come.

I burned seven tanks through the saw today and it drank the first three pretty quickly. after the 5 tank i could tell a difference it is one hell of a saw ( pardon my french ).
the chains are lackluster because im used to stihl chains. The husqvarna chain seemed to stay sharper a little longer than the 72lgx, but it bucked up the wood great and has lots of grunt. It took some fiddling to get the oiler adjusted to the place i want it but all in all i LOVE this saw, this is red oak btw.
:numberone: :chop:
20151209_154550.jpg
20151209_163325.jpg
20151209_154547.jpg
20151209_154539.jpg
20151209_163315.jpg

Back