"I got a peaceful, queasy feeling...and I know you'll let me down..."

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hint: model 3314.

Could be the suckiest rattling chain-rotating noise maker ever made - I won't call it a saw. I had one when I didn't know better.

Funny story:

I told my friend who ran a tree cutting business, " I got this new saw on Craigslist for only $50". I was so excited at the bargain until...

He said, "You wasted your $50."

Similar to a panic button hot it when frustrated that we brought this on ourselves.

Lol... the poor 4218.

I have one, given to me for free. Carb kit and retuned and it runs well enough, can't seem to get a good tune at idle, it honestly acts like not enough slack in the throttle cable. I think I have both fuel needles out almost 2 1/2 turns or else it's too lean. I get it to idle perfect, make a few cuts and then idle is too high or low. It's almost new so Im not suspicious of a seal leak, and it doesn't act like a seal leak. Just a friggin impossible saw to tune just right. My 50 year old McCullochs run way better.

For what it is, it works fine, would never be used in a professional environment, but if something happened to it I wouldn't care.

Hint: model 3314.

Could be the suckiest rattling chain-rotating noise maker ever made - I won't call it a saw. I had one when I didn't know better.

Funny story:

I told my friend who ran a tree cutting business, " I got this new saw on Craigslist for only $50". I was so excited at the bargain until...

He said, "You wasted your $50."
Are they worse than the 4218?

Back