I got busted!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madman39

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just got cought ordering a new saw on- line! I just ordered a new ryobi 10532. All together plus shipping it cost me about 140$ off amazon.com. Never let her she you do it!!!!!I always learn the hard way!!!!:( I have a new toy coming!!!!! yeha!!!!

Get the saw and tuck it away somewhere she won't find it. After two months it is OK to bring it out and use it. If she asks, just say "Oh, I've had this one for a long time..."

Replace "saw" with "skirt" and "use" with "wear" and you'll see where this one comes from. Turn about is fair play!

-walt

PS: If she checks credit card statements, abandon all hope.

That's funny I got "busted" couple of weeks ago. Had package at door when I got home from work wife wasn't home yet so.... Long story short my kids ratted me out. Where's your Dad? Oh he's out in the garage messing with his new chainsaw. It wasn't even new just new to me.:)

That is why I think it is important to have several saws they do not know the difference. So they just say he is working on his chainsaw. They have no idea what one.

Ya I have the same issue!
She is smart enough to know!
And I always get that look!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just make sure the saws are all the same colour.
A friend went through a whole heap of Honda MX bikes without his wife noticing. He was only rumbled when he bought a Yamaha.

my wife went to farm and ranch store the other day and aked if i needed anything from there i said yes you can get the 372xp its on the bottom shelf to the far right.

she came back later and said it costs 840 i figured then was good time to tell here i already have that saw :greenchainsaw:

she doesnt even ask anymore when she sees baileys package at the door. shes finaly getn brokn into the chainsaw thing

new parts

Thanks for all the feed back!!! Do any of you guys know ware I could get a new bar and chain for that ryobi saw, its not as comman as a poulan or a husky? I think its also a copy of a redmax 3800! If that helps!

my wife went to farm and ranch store the other day and aked if i needed anything from there i said yes you can get the 372xp its on the bottom shelf to the far right.

she came back later and said it costs 840 i figured then was good time to tell here i already have that saw :greenchainsaw:

she doesnt even ask anymore when she sees baileys package at the door. shes finaly getn brokn into the chainsaw thing

Then It's quite clear you are in need of a Univent 375 from bailey's. It's a hot rodded 372 w/ a 75cc jug.:angel:

A coworker of mine used to have that problem with his guns. Then he bought a huge gunsafe, and his wife couldn't see them anymore. Out of sight, out of mind. Maybe someone should make a huge saw safe! :greenchainsaw:

Out of sight, out of mind. Maybe someone should make a huge saw safe! :greenchainsaw:

My saw safe was built shortly after the Civil War. Wife will not go out to the barn - creepy out there, she says. Been out there once this season to get an armload of firewood.

Pretty good arrangement.

If you're going to make a habit of lying and hiding, get a PO box two towns over where you won't bump into the neighbors.

I'm pretty up front with my purchases and what I pay. The drive to 2 towns over's long enough to give me conscience pangs.

I feel for you guys!

My wife just the other night said she feels like a enabler after she bought me a saw!

She could care less how many come or go she knows its a relaxing hobby for me and I make some money off of it also so it just about pays its own way.

Besides I do use the saws to cut wood to heat my shop which would be hard to afford if I were to heat it all with gas.

You guys know where the name Modifiedmark came from? I raced dirt cars for near 20 years so she knows what a expensive hobby is :givebeer:

She also knows the saws are nickles and dimes now.

Keeping within your means when looking and buying saws I think is the important part. Buy some junkers, fix and sell them to support your habit.

I work with alot of people and never turn down the Wild Thing or what have you as there cheap to fix and I can always turn a few bucks on them to others just needing a inexpensive saw.

My wife's brother burns heating oil up in Boston and it runs him, for a medium to small house, average $400 a month and he keeps it a bit cool to save money. We know someone who uses propane and says he can run as high as $700 for ONE MONTH heat in the winter. $700!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering that in the three decades we've lived in this house, we have paid zero to heat except for a few bucks gas/oil for the saws, my wife does not care a darn bit if I buy a saw. I only buy what I need to keep us in wood, though, so that is not many saws. But if I really wanted more, she wouldn't care a bit. She is pretty cool.....

Latest posts

Back