i got lyme disease

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hang in there 455rancher...!

If you can get hold of some activated charcoal you could take some internally and apply some directly to the affected area via a poultice. The stuff works wonders and it's all natural...just not easy to find unfortunately. One of natures' best remedies. Feel better soon sir.

Lyme

I had it a couple years ago...Never saw the tick but had a red rash on my knee. it went away after a week or so, felt fine. A month later The rash came back...It was hot to the touch then my knee started to hurt a couple days later my hip and lower back were in real bad shape. The morning before went to the doctor I could barely get out of bed...felt like I was beaten with a bat while I sleep. That afternoon I was having muscle spasams in my hands...
Crazy stuff. Was on Antibotics that nite...Was a new man 12 hours later, and one week later was riding in a 50 mile mountain bike race in vermont. 5 weeks of pills and alot of sunscreen I was good to go....Be carefull with the sun, I got my hands burnt which was bad. Good luck.

You're lucky that you got on antibiotics so quickly. I got Lyme Disease in 1974, before they knew what it was. I was living in Lyme,CT at the time and doctors weren't sure how to treat it. After six months on crutches it subsided on it's own, leaving behind a lot of cartilage damage and headaches. Finally got treated in 1989, and the headaches went away, but my joints still sound like breaking branches when I stand up from sitting or kneeling.

I good friend of mine got it several years ago and it was caught real early. They treated it with the meds and he has had no sign of it since. It can really be miserable if not diagnosed for awhile.

Hope for you a speedy recovery.

My wife had a dang tic on her Sunday, after just spraying with Off, still it attached. Everything seems to be Ok so far.

Hmmm ? Activated charcoal interesting....And where was that, Western Fence Lizard know as blue belly lizard, when you need him? ..Out west vacationing !

My wife had a dang tic on her Sunday, after just spraying with Off, still it attached. Everything seems to be Ok so far.

Hmmm ? Activated charcoal interesting....And where was that, Western Fence Lizard know as blue belly lizard, when you need him? ..Out west vacationing !

:laugh: - Still waiting for someone to pick up on that bluebelly lizard idea and start a biotech company for a sure-fire Lyme vaccine.....

well i made it through the day at work. i was draggin ass for quite a while.

the rash huge now and its really tender inplaces. its right on my hip just beloe my waistline. it hurts a bit to walk now as the rash seems to be spreading pretty well.
what a pain in the friggin ass. all because of a stupidass tick. hopefully the meds start working soon. i havent seen any improvement as of yet.

eggsplain this lizard thing----

I too, have been bitten -and treated, repeatedly. What I've learned is that once infected, the spirochete stays with you, hiding dormant at times, which is why the lymes titre is sometimes positive, sometimes negative, and usually unreliable. Further, my experience is that repeated treatment with the more powerful antibiotics can potentially alter ones natural immunities to an undesirable level [damned if you do, damned if you don't].
Maybe it's all an alien plot?? :dizzy:

When you're taking a heavy duty antibiotic, I find that it's helpful to take a pro-biotic along with it to rejuvenate your stomach bacteria. Otherwise you can get a nasty case of the runs. Try to find it at a health food store that keeps it refrigerated.

eggsplain this lizard thing----

From a previous thread.....

Found a J. Parasitology publication showing that in 6 lizards exposed to the tick nymphs no bacteria could be detected, but deer mice exposed to the same nymphs developed infections within 4 weeks.

So the lizards destroy the bacteria in feeding nymphs decreasing the probability of transmission of these bacteria to humans or other animals by the adult ticks.

Blue belly lizard = clean ticks

Cheers,

I got to sweat Lyme disease this summer. Got bit on father's day and two weekends later I couldn't do anything on a wonderful weekend. Had a high fever, no energy, and eventually a sore throat from sinus drainage. When to the doc on Mon and got tested for strep & Lyme disease.

Both the strep and Lyme disease came in neg. but I went though the antibiotic treatment for Lyme disease as a precaution.

I never developed a rash. I still have the scab on the bite but bites on my ankles sometimes take forever to heal. I had a chigger bite or spider bite last summer that hung on forever.

Good luck on your recovery.

Don

sorry to hear it.

well my fellow firewooders i got lyme disease. i noticed the bite sunday night. kinda ignored it and went to work on monday. it got progressivly larger and larger. so i took today off to go to the doctor just to be safe. im glad i did. everyone who looked at it said ohh thats lyme disease right off the bat. luckally i caught it quick so they dont expect anything mojor to come of it.

im on antibiotics for it now. only real bad thing about it is it makes me more prone to the sun. me being a redhead dosent help either lol. they said id have to wear a high spf sunblock or ill get blisters and all that good stuff.

i havent ever really read much about it but the only real thing i noticed over the last 2 days is i just feel run down. i did a little work on my camaro today and i just feel real tired. dunno if its related to the lyme disease or not. i just cant seem to shake the run down feeling.

any of you guys got this? id imagine since we all play with trees its bound to happen. funny thing is i havent been in the woods in a few months atleast sorry to say. maybe i got it from the grass or one of the dogs. dosen't really matter i guess now. at least i got it early :)

it can be nasty.they say if you don't catch it early you may never get rid of it.
if you need a hand with anything let me know.i' sure i can find a day or two to help you out.sucks to be down for any length of time.i usually try to work through illness but i never said i was smart.

well my fellow firewooders i got lyme disease. i noticed the bite sunday night. kinda ignored it and went to work on monday. it got progressivly larger and larger. so i took today off to go to the doctor just to be safe. im glad i did. everyone who looked at it said ohh thats lyme disease right off the bat. luckally i caught it quick so they dont expect anything mojor to come of it.

im on antibiotics for it now. only real bad thing about it is it makes me more prone to the sun. me being a redhead dosent help either lol. they said id have to wear a high spf sunblock or ill get blisters and all that good stuff.

i havent ever really read much about it but the only real thing i noticed over the last 2 days is i just feel run down. i did a little work on my camaro today and i just feel real tired. dunno if its related to the lyme disease or not. i just cant seem to shake the run down feeling.

any of you guys got this? id imagine since we all play with trees its bound to happen. funny thing is i havent been in the woods in a few months atleast sorry to say. maybe i got it from the grass or one of the dogs. dosent really matter i guess now. atleast i got it early :)

I hope you have a quick recovery. Can you post a picture for the folks that dont know what it looks like? If not maybe any one curious should google it.

I use lots of insect repellent and keep all my clothes buttened up and tucked in to try to keep the ticks off, but in can happen. Take care of yourself

Get well soon.

thanks guys! im not feeling too bad right now best i been in a while. friday and saturday especially saturday night was pretty bad.

i should have taken a picture of it. its alot better looking now so im not gonna bother.

i do encourage everyone to google it to see a pic of it its not something to screw around with!

Latest posts

Back