I Got Started On My 015 Today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been working on a 015 too. I bought one at a garage sale ran great. Would not shut off I tore it apart I hit a bomb crank bearing ever ware like humpety dumpty I could not put it back together. Got another free. Great! I could never tune it I got new crank seals I never done this before I put the cultch side in first I had it fixed. Nice idle start nice no change after adjustment. I was putting it away I was thinking the flywheel side seal is about shot too. I should have never done that.I bought a pressure vacuum pump. What I found the cultch side was leaking again . I spent 80 dollars on the vac tool and 3 sets of seals. I messed round 2 of seals so order round 3. So now 145 dollars in a free saw education comes at a price. I have a very old Husqvarna top handle from what I know Efco made it. I had a little trouble with it the spark plug was broke the porclen it would run hard to start.

Looking good young man, looking good. I sure wish you were in a FFA chapter. You have a great SAE program started. It can easily lead to a Section, then District, State then National Proficiency Award. Hell you have the beginning of a American Star in Agribusiness. I will tell you there is nothing like walking out on that big stage as they play the video of your years in FFA. You young man have what it takes!!

Hey @wildwes are you not in this young man's area and could you see if you could direct him to a FFA program?

I got the saw all torn down and cleaned. The carb needs a rebuild. I also think it is cool that it has a felt fuel filter. It is an amazing old saw. I cannot wait to get her running. This will be a fun one to keep me busy on Christmas break.

View attachment 1134424
They are amazing technology for back then, imo. Such a simple design.

I got the saw all torn down and cleaned. The carb needs a rebuild. I also think it is cool that it has a felt fuel filter. It is an amazing old saw. I cannot wait to get her running. This will be a fun one to keep me busy on Christmas break.

View attachment 1134424
Nice 👍 I like those saws very much, they're just too cute. Would love to find one with a chain brake one day.
I have a white one just finished up, and a red one like this still waiting for me.
Aftermarket recoil springs are available for cheap.
Clutch or clutch spring is NLA. But a clutch from a Stihl 200 screws right on.
My carb kit did not come with the needle lever, and the lever itself is NLA. So don't loose or break that thing.
Oil gear is also NLA. Found a printable one, but didn't try it out.

Nice 👍 I like those saws very much, they're just too cute. Would love to find one with a chain brake one day.
I have a white one just finished up, and a red one like this still waiting for me.
Aftermarket recoil springs are available for cheap.
Clutch or clutch spring is NLA. But a clutch from a Stihl 200 screws right on.
My carb kit did not come with the needle lever, and the lever itself is NLA. So don't loose or break that thing.
Oil gear is also NLA. Found a printable one, but didn't try it out.
I'm selling it.

I'm selling it.
I don't know the prices for 015s in your area. Let alone for a box of parts of one where I know I need at least bearings, seals and a carb kit plus probably fuel line + filter, oil line + filter and a new clutch.
150 bucks plus shipping seems a lot to me. But you do you. Good luck 🤞

I don't know the prices for 015s in your area. Let alone for a box of parts of one where I know I need at least bearings, seals and a carb kit plus probably fuel line + filter, oil line + filter and a new clutch.
The fuel line, oil line, sprocket, and clutch are all fine. It is now 110.

I sold a running 015 for half that, with a b/c and the stihl storage box.

Latest posts

Back