I Got Started On My 015 Today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you? There are a lot of Finns in Minnesota and Michigan.
And German, Spanish, some French and a bit of English lol.

Finnish has literally never come in handy but I use Spanish often and French on occasion. I can hold my own in German but haven’t used it regularly for around a decade so I’m a bit rusty.

Good luck with the saw.

Don’t give up, put it to one side for a later date. If you intend to continue to learn to repair engines it’s best to learn now, this is about the easiest cageless you’ll come across and you will come across many more. It will be frustrating, but a loose fitting cable tie, grease and being patient will help.

Best of all, you’re also learning without consequence here. You don’t have a large amount of money wrapped up in it and it’s not a customers machine. It’s the perfect opportunity for you.

And as someone else has mentioned, you have an amazing free resource here with the forum! I came here in 2019 and I didn’t know anything about engines. If you find some of my earlier posts you’ll see what I mean... If you put your mind to it you’ll be amazed how far you’ll come with the help of others here. Don’t give up..

And German, Spanish, some French and a bit of English lol.

Finnish has literally never come in handy but I use Spanish often and French on occasion. I can hold my own in German but haven’t used it regularly for around a decade so I’m a bit rusty.

Good luck with the saw.
I am learning because I think that Finland is a beautiful country with an amazing culture. My Summer Car and This song about Vappu made my autism senses tingle:

I really like the kid, I truly do. I spent many years working with teenage kids and respect the ones that want to learn. With that being said he sent me a PM a short time ago looking to buy a 015. I have a few and do not really have much interest in them. I was going to look for one with the intention of just sending it to him for free. I do not work at warp speed when I am just giving stuff away.

I now see my tardiness has allowed me to keep a saw to help another young person out with.
Another chainsaw wouldn't help me. Something like a Stihl USG or Stihl ng7 would be infinitely helpful to me as I plan to get into the chain sharpening and saw repair business.

Another chainsaw wouldn't help me. Something like a Stihl USG or Stihl ng7 would be infinitely helpful to me as I plan to get into the chain sharpening and saw repair business.
If you want to get in the saw repair business you need to fix the 015 first.

Baby steps...... Rome wasn't built in a day.

Gee willikers Batman- maybe you need to be starting a give a little page?

Help a kid out- send me top of the line chain stuff- then send me your dull chains and I will charge you to sharpen them.
Do what the rest of us did as kids, start with nothing, buy low sell high, repair what you can along the line and make it better suited or sell it to invest in newer better quality.
What happened to kids on bicycles delivering newspapers and saving pennies and dimes?

If you’re looking into really repairing saws, you gotta have a really good handle on what you’re doing. I nearly fried my 620P after I rebuilt it due to not replacing the old base gasket. Luckily I caught the problem quickly and fixed it, used that newfound knowledge when I rebuilt my 066 later on

For the record, I started doing this around your age, 13-14 with my Dads old Echo 590 and I was near clueless back then. Now I’m 18 and know a lot more about saws; repairing, sharpening, mods, general use, etc.

Help a kid out- send me top of the line chain stuff- then send me your dull chains and I will charge you to sharpen them.
Do what the rest of us did as kids, start with nothing, buy low sell high, repair what you can along the line and make it better suited or sell it to invest in newer better quality.
What happened to kids on bicycles delivering newspapers and saving pennies and dimes?
Solid advise there.
@Mr.Metsä Start small. You'd do well to get over your stihl fettish too. Too many good products that don't have the high mark up and work just the same.

Solid advise there. Start small. You'd do well to get over your stihl fettish too. Too many good products that don't have the high mark up and work just the same.

Yep, start with nothing and go down the bent path of Stihl only travels and your pocket shall remain forever empty.
Well emptier than the wise man that allows choice in his selections pockets anyhow.
We had someone with no experience rock up here pre 2020 and is now heavily indebted to Stihl franchise tooling- its usually good stuff, decent quality- but it is pricey and apart from their penchant for funny PTO crank bearings- there is not much that is specific in their tooling that cannot be worked around or duplicated at more reasonable prices.

For the record, I started doing this around your age, 13-14 with my Dads old Echo 590 and I was near clueless back then. Now I’m 18 and know a lot more about saws; repairing, sharpening, mods, general use, etc.
I have fixed a couple of saws and small engines. I was stumped by this saw because I had never encountered an engine without anything holding the bearings together, or not having an engine gasket and it being sealed together by Dirko.

Oh. I have a lawn care business for side money, but I am not sure if I want to continue on that path. My man @ZinTrees has come a long way with his tree business.

If you want to get in the saw repair business you need to fix the 015 first.

Baby steps...... Rome wasn't built in a day.
You are right Mr. G. I don't need a USG because my new FG2 works AMAZING. I now love hand-filing. I plan on starting my business with my fleaBay store and sharpening services and going on from there to doing chainsaws and other Stihl stuff, just no mowers. My fleaBay store is currently only selling parts and other niche Stihl items I have collected over the years. I hope that my fleaBay shop becomes successful to the point I can get an NG7 and start selling Chains and bars on the fleaBay page and then make chainsaw stuff my full-time gig. I have already discovered a place where I can order Stihl parts and chain rolls new OEM for cheap and then mark them up to make a profit.

Back