I Got Started On My 015 Today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh. I have a lawn care business for side money, but I am not sure if I want to continue on that path. My man @ZinTrees has come a long way with his tree business.
no kidding, I started this company out of a 535i BWM, customer had to keep all the brush and logs, had one climber and was making burn piles everywhere I worked
now im up to 2 climbers, 2 trucks, chipper, dump trailer, multiple machines forwarding brush, half my work is crane work, I did mow ONE lawn one time way back when and decided lawns wasnt for me (although i did mow all of last year for my elderly neighbor across the street for $80 every 2 weeks, but that wasnt as a business so much as helping a neighbor)
its pretty easy to get in over your head with this industry just FYI, one saw becomes 10 really fast, when I bought my 200T I had barely enough money scraped up for it at $600, ended up leaving with a 395XP husky that night too, dude wheres my money gone?

I know Metsa can sharpen a saw damn good, so he's got a great start in the world of saws

A little advice from 40+ years.
We have tried to hire many over the years to help or take my place. Almost all had the attitude "I know all about it, don't bother me." After repairing way too many mistakes they left or were not asked to return.
When I started on saws and 2 cycle equipment I too thought I knew a lot having been to 2 year tech school for automotive. I also had repair shop and dealership experience.
The owner looked at me and said "But you don't know anything about 2 stroke". Some would have left at that point. I took it as a challenge.
He taught me everything he knew and sent me to any available schools. What an education!
This business has so much change since 81. So much to learn. The lessons are available. Manufacturer tech departments are invaluable.
SEE IT AS A CHALLENGE TO LEARN. Many will be willing to teach if you are willing to listen.

I did the 015 crank bomb I will say I never got that saw put back together.
I now have some super thick engine assembly grease. I will be using that to stick all the bearings back together and hopefully get the saw mostly rebuilt and running by monday noon.

Latest posts

Back