I Got Started On My 015 Today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRTermite said:
Be prepared for the Big end Rod bearings to tumble out like marbles. It must happen a lot 'Cuz they are sold individually at times on the Bay.

So from that we take:-
The reason for it going up on sale is because I pulled it apart and something unusual happened that has not happened before- all the big end needle rods fell out and I cannot figure out how to get it back together- so I am cutting my losses and it is up for sale- for a profit still though. :laugh:

So from that we take:-
The reason for it going up on sale is because I pulled it apart and something unusual happened that has not happened before- all the big end needle rods fell out and I cannot figure out how to get it back together- so I am cutting my losses and it is up for sale- for a profit still though. :laugh:
Yes. I do not have a crankshaft splitter or any idea how to fix this.

Yes. I do not have a crankshaft splitter or any idea how to fix this.
you just use grease to hold the bearings balls or needles in place while you rebuild.
That is of course- if you can find all the pieces that fell out.

I Will Raise your "WHY" with a "What the H" to go with your "WHY".

Blood from a stone- but we are getting there! :laugh:

We have all been there and done that (well I have) when you go in with best intentions, things go pear shaped and it gets relegated to the "too hard" basket.
Now you can run with options 1 and leave it at that- or you can option 2- start learning and increasing your knowledge and have the self pride of overcoming a supposedly insurmountable obstruction and reviving a saw from a pile of bits.

I really like the kid, I truly do. I spent many years working with teenage kids and respect the ones that want to learn. With that being said he sent me a PM a short time ago looking to buy a 015. I have a few and do not really have much interest in them. I was going to look for one with the intention of just sending it to him for free. I do not work at warp speed when I am just giving stuff away.

I now see my tardiness has allowed me to keep a saw to help another young person out with.

I really like the kid, I truly do. I spent many years working with teenage kids and respect the ones that want to learn. With that being said he sent me a PM a short time ago looking to buy a 015. I have a few and do not really have much interest in them. I was going to look for one with the intention of just sending it to him for free. I do not work at warp speed when I am just giving stuff away.

I now see my tardiness has allowed me to keep a saw to help another young person out with.
If you have an 009 that would be awesome too!

Some of the greatest things I remember learning were learnt during situations like you find yourself in with this saw. Took it apart and now it seems impossible to put back together. With the knowledge on this site you’d be wasting a fantastic learning opportunity if you moved the saw out of your life.

Look at it another way ….. you’ll make a few bucks by selling it (maybe) but you’re not invested too heavily right now. Keep it and revisit it later with fresh eyes. The knowledge gained will far outweigh the dollars sitting in that box.

Some of the greatest things I remember learning were learnt during situations like you find yourself in with this saw. Took it apart and now it seems impossible to put back together. With the knowledge on this site you’d be wasting a fantastic learning opportunity if you moved the saw out of your life.

Look at it another way ….. you’ll make a few bucks by selling it (maybe) but you’re not invested too heavily right now. Keep it and revisit it later with fresh eyes. The knowledge gained will far outweigh the dollars sitting in that box.
Sisu ja anna periksi!

Back