I guess I picked a crappy weekend for cutting down trees!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fine days cutting. Hope the weather stayed good for you today. I'm going to start cutting hemlock in the next week or so to replace my barn floor, just have a bit more firewood to finish up on first.

A few more pictures from today! Got the dozer out and skidded some logs, the tractor was not cutting it in the snow. We ended up with about 12" of snow, so work was slow going.

Looks like a good time

I'd take a day or two of that. Thass some pretty trees. It was 62 here today. No cutting for me. :(
I mixed and poured 1,300 lbs. of Quikcrete on a front porch job today. Fun fun. :taped:

Only took few picture today, was a productive day! We felled another 8 trees today along with skidding down around 30 13' sections. Its been hard work with a foot of fresh snow on the ground. The picture of the two guys is my father and I.

I can't even imagine how much easier getting wood would be with a bulldozer. That is awesome.

The dozer or tractor are pretty much the only way for me get wood out of the woods. The forest I harvest lumber trees and firewood trees is very steep in some areas and getting a truck up there is only possible when its very dry and you can't have a large load or trailer and make it out.

It was a great weekend with my Father and cousin. Got a lot done, more pictures to come next week!!!

Latest posts

Back