I hate low ballers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Negative on the fat.And I know you are kidding.I get in there about 2 or 3 days a week with free weights.

I am hitting the free weights like 3 times a week and running 45 minutes a day (only on like 5.5 or 6.0) usually 5 or 6 days a week. Got to get in shape gonna do tons of work this spring.

I see 101 lurking in here... and lots of ammo floating around, I feel something good coming.

I am hitting the free weights like 3 times a week and running 45 minutes a day (only on like 5.5 or 6.0) usually 5 or 6 days a week. Got to get in shape gonna do tons of work this spring.

Well thats pretty good cause of your size.Whats that like 11 minute mile?And if you can hold 5 or 6 for 45 min you are in shape.

My second post in response you to, in another thread.....

Simply as an FYI, screw lock biners are not up to standards. All life support biners should be triple action, and for good reason. Not because the ANSI will arrest you, but because the ground will arrest you if your screw lock unexpectedly opens.

Sorry to have been so mean to you Carbie.

I remember that post. When I read it, I did a small cheer inside, because it is so true.

I have had them unscrew on me. I even had a Petzl tri-act get tripped wide open once by sliding ropes, so it always pays to pay attention.

Well thats pretty good cause of your size.Whats that like 11 minute mile?And if you can hold 5 or 6 for 45 min you are in shape.

yeah 10 - 11 minute mile ( I can run it faster obviously if I run all out) I am working my way back up I can run all day on 5.5 but if I go much over 6 I have to drop back down after like 5 or 6 minutes I have been doing 20 minutes at a jog then doing some sprint/jog work but its coming back. For an old fat dude I do okay.

yeah 10 - 11 minute mile ( I can run it faster obviously if I run all out) I am working my way back up I can run all day on 5.5 but if I go much over 6 I have to drop back down after like 5 or 6 minutes I have been doing 20 minutes at a jog then doing some sprint/jog work but its coming back. For an old fat dude I do okay.

Believe it or not ......NOW I AM EMPHASING A LONG TIME AGO , I could run a low 5min mile

I remember that post. When I read it, I did a small cheer inside, because it is so true.

I have had them unscrew on me. I even had a Petzl tri-act get tripped wide open once by sliding ropes, so it always pays to pay attention.

thats what got this thread all twisted sideways in the first place we were all just trying to give him possible life saving information and he just told all to f off and acted like he knew it all.

I am usually the first one to ##### about low ballers. Can't stand them. Especially when they don't know how to climb, are mortgaged to their teeth with bucket truck and boom truck debt and are doing jobs for a third of the worth just to make a payment.

Times have gotten hard in the past few years. You have to adapt and overcome. It sounds like the woman really wanted to give him the job but not feed his chipper and two groundys... I mean you got out of work construction workers and landscrapers who will drop a 35 footer and haul it off for a bill. The only way you are going to be able to make any profit on a tree like that is to either pick it up on the way to or from a larger job, put a few of them together and knock them all out in one day, or hook your trailer to your pickup, head down there by yourself, drop it, drag the whole thing to the trailer one handed, cut it in half, load it and haul it away...

Just my opinion.

What's Eddie gonna bust on ya for, being fat? That's like me calling Paul a drunken loser! lol

How dare you call SPARKLES a loser , a fall down liver spotted , skinny jeans wearing, marlboro smokin,pen stealing, coffee spilling, no license having garage rat ......yes......... but drunken NEVER ........Oh and lets not forget green chariot sewn to his chick ass ...

Last edited:
Sorry for the sidetrack.....maybe now we can get back to the topic of this thread.

I've had 2 or 3 measly little jobs this month, and I'm hurting financially every bit as much as the next guy, BUT....

I'm not gonna get on here and whine about it, because it's January. It's always this way. Hopefully next year I'll have done a better job of putting aside enough cash to make it through the winter more smoothly.

Let's get something straight first.

I'm not whining about anything. You're picking at everything I say, and I'm telling you to stop picking. If you can't talk to me without picking at something, then don't talk to me at all.

I don't pick apart everything you say, and I don't want you picking apart what I say; Fair enough?

AND....

I'm not gonna start working for less than it's worth, because that only further degrades the market, and makes things even worse on down the road for everyone who's in this biz.

I've known that for 10 years, but it hasn't stopped the lowballers or the politicians or whomever is responsible, from driving the market down to the point that it's take a job like that now and then or starve.

AND.....

I can sit home and go broke without wearing out my equipment by lowballing jobs. It's far better than bustin ass for a pittance, and ending up with worn out gear and a worn out body when the time rolls around to start making some decent money.

I'm not lowballing, I'm trying to make ends meet, pay the bills, keep the lights on, keep the heat on, keep tires on the vehicles, and keep the sheriff from coming to my doorstep with warrants in dept.

BUT.....

You go ahead and whine, and lowball, and rant and throw a tantrum. I'm sure all of those will help your situation lots.

Like I said, I'm not whining.

Now you're trying to have a discussion about a subject that you ridiculed me for bringing up; Aren't you whining by doing so, or is it only whining when I do it?

If you wanted to discuss lowballing with me, you should have done it before you trashed me out.

I am usually the first one to ##### about low ballers. Can't stand them. Especially when they don't know how to climb, are mortgaged to their teeth with bucket truck and boom truck debt and are doing jobs for a third of the worth just to make a payment.

Times have gotten hard in the past few years. You have to adapt and overcome. It sounds like the woman really wanted to give him the job but not feed his chipper and two groundys... I mean you got out of work construction workers and landscrapers who will drop a 35 footer and haul it off for a bill. The only way you are going to be able to make any profit on a tree like that is to either pick it up on the way to or from a larger job, put a few of them together and knock them all out in one day, or hook your trailer to your pickup, head down there by yourself, drop it, drag the whole thing to the trailer one handed, cut it in half, load it and haul it away...

Just my opinion.

Great MD thanks for shooting holes in my theory :msp_mad:

How dare you call SPARKLES a loser , a fall down liver spotted , skinny jeans wearing, marlboro smokin,pen stealing coffee spilling, no license having garage rat yes......... but drunken NEVER ........Oh and lets not forget green chariot sewn to his chick ass ...

I forgot all about you Jersey homeboys and your baggy jeans, you wear your ballcap sideways too? Bet you like to chill out with a Colt 45 and a pack of Newports at the end of the day don't ya?

OH and I love the fact that he's banned sitting at home swilling down Dave's delivery stewing that he can't come on and tell us to scratch off ...:eek2:

I forgot all about you Jersey homeboys and your baggy jeans, you wear your ballcap sideways too? Bet you like to chill out with a Colt 45 and a pack of Newports at the end of the day don't ya?

Nope pubic face , but we don't wear them tight enough that it looks like were smuggling a banana split in our undies , but on the other hand I am def. not one that should ever "do" forming fitting :eek2:

Let's get something straight first.

I'm not whining about anything. You're picking at everything I say, and I'm telling you to stop picking. If you can't talk to me without picking at something, then don't talk to me at all.

I don't pick apart everything you say, and I don't want you picking apart what I say; Fair enough?

I've known that for 10 years, but it hasn't stopped the lowballers or the politicians or whomever is responsible, from driving the market down to the point that it's take a job like that now and then or starve.

I'm not lowballing, I'm trying to make ends meet, pay the bills, keep the lights on, keep the heat on, keep tires on the vehicles, and keep the sheriff from coming to my doorstep with warrants in dept.

Like I said, I'm not whining.

Now you're trying to have a discussion about a subject that you ridiculed me for bringing up; Aren't you whining by doing so, or is it only whining when I do it?

If you wanted to discuss lowballing with me, you should have done it before you trashed me out.

You keep talking, but all I can hear is Wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-snivel-wa-wa-wa.

Latest posts

Back