I hate low ballers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone please make my sig pic just a bit smaller than I can copy it , I am way not smart enough to figure it out myself , it so offensive and yellow ...

Him posting about low ballers tells a lot. I guarantee he is new to the business or at least being on his own in it. Maybe a groundman that thought hey that doesnt look too hard. First off if your whining about low ballers you have not been bidding jobs long because unless your a low baller hack then you get pretty use to getting under bid. He is also talking about low balling to get a neighbor. Granted in the right situation it can pay off to do a job cheap to get in a neighborhood. Storm damage work for instance can spread like wild fires. But if you have a good name then in them type situations you are usually turning people down not dropping your price to get work. Another tell tale sign that he has not done this long is that he is willing to lose money to get work period. This is hard and dangerous work and one time of losing your ass on a job is enough to tell you that its not worth killing yourself for peanuts. Last thought is he just doesnt have anything else to talk about because he is just starting out and thought "hey Ill look cool if I complain about low ballers"

Just my humble opinion.

Oh Wow, you're amazing, you must have a crystal ball to be able to read my exact thoughts like that. :eek2:

Was that how it was for YOU starting out? Tell me; How were things back in 2008?

Oh Wow, you're amazing, you must have a crystal ball to be able to read my exact thoughts like that. :eek2:

Was that how it was for YOU starting out? Tell me; How were things back in 2008?

lol. In 08 he was still trying to figure out where the gun holster was in his fancy new tree climbin toolbelt.

I remember that post. When I read it, I did a small cheer inside, because it is so true.

I have had them unscrew on me. I even had a Petzl tri-act get tripped wide open once by sliding ropes, so it always pays to pay attention.

Yeah, but who's got time to do a gate check with "HIM" around?:hmm3grin2orange:

I am usually the first one to ##### about low ballers. Can't stand them. Especially when they don't know how to climb, are mortgaged to their teeth with bucket truck and boom truck debt and are doing jobs for a third of the worth just to make a payment.

Times have gotten hard in the past few years. You have to adapt and overcome. It sounds like the woman really wanted to give him the job but not feed his chipper and two groundys... I mean you got out of work construction workers and landscrapers who will drop a 35 footer and haul it off for a bill. The only way you are going to be able to make any profit on a tree like that is to either pick it up on the way to or from a larger job, put a few of them together and knock them all out in one day, or hook your trailer to your pickup, head down there by yourself, drop it, drag the whole thing to the trailer one handed, cut it in half, load it and haul it away...

Just my opinion.

Yeah, that's what I had planned, drag the whole thing, one handed, throw it on the trailer....left handed, and haul it around to the street side of the house, back up and slam on the brakes.:msp_thumbsup:

Havent you been reading along I am in training to Start out in the spring. Heres my training video... notice always safety conscious with the safety orange. Besides we are not talking about me.

[video=youtube;Q2-rcvIlqHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2-rcvIlqHI[/video]

Honestly dude your probably a good guy and I realize you are just trying to make ends meet which I respect. But to me you really came off wrong with your know it all rock climber attitude. Maybe I am wrong but as far as I am concerned you have to prove that now, if you want to get treated with respect.

Havent you been reading along I am in training to Start out in the spring. Heres my training video... notice always safety conscious with the safety orange. Besides we are not talking about me.

[video=youtube;Q2-rcvIlqHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2-rcvIlqHI[/video]

Hey cool video; What are you in training for the National Farting Championship?

Honestly dude your probably a good guy and I realize you are just trying to make ends meet which I respect. But to me you really came off wrong with your know it all rock climber attitude. Maybe I am wrong but as far as I am concerned you have to prove that now, if you want to get treated with respect.

Now I get it, you hate rock climbers, cause one banged your girlfriend. :heart: :frown: :heart:

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I had planned, drag the whole thing, one handed, throw it on the trailer....left handed, and haul it around to the street side of the house, back up and slam on the brakes.:msp_thumbsup:

Well your certainly no MBA scholar thinking someone is going to pay you what, $500... $475, whatever for a 35 foot tree. Not that I blame you for trying but you are way out of touch with the current market and economical situation. The woman pretty much told you you had the job if you could drop some of your overhead and do the job a little more reasonably priced. She even gave you the other bid. It was your decision whether you wanted to do it or not. Just don't cry about it here, everyone else is having to deal with the same thing and pay their bills, just like you.

lol. In 08 he was still trying to figure out where the gun holster was in his fancy new tree climbin toolbelt.

lol I never bought a fancy belt (its time now) I went from one old 4d saddle to the new wideback orthopedic saddle you so fondly named and even that dont have enough attachment points. I mean after I clip on my how too books
220988d1328055590-lt1012-jpg
, my lunch pail
images
and my tophandle
images
I am out of room.

lol I never bought a fancy belt (its time now) I went from one old 4d saddle to the new wideback orthopedic saddle you so fondly named and even that dont have enough attachment points. I mean after I clip on my how too books
220988d1328055590-lt1012-jpg
, my lunch pail
images
and my tophandle
images
I am out of room.

Dude, you're putting WAAAAYYY too much effort into your posts with all the pics and whatnot. On the other hand, what else you gonna do while at work? Lord knows you don't need another muffin.

Well your certainly no MBA scholar thinking someone is going to pay you what, $500... $475, whatever for a 35 foot tree. Not that I blame you for trying but you are way out of touch with the current market and economical situation. The woman pretty much told you you had the job if you could drop some of your overhead and do the job a little more reasonably priced. She even gave you the other bid. It was your decision whether you wanted to do it or not. Just don't cry about it here, everyone else is having to deal with the same thing and pay their bills, just like you.

$350 That's only $10 a foot, you can't buy bologna for $10 a foot.

Dude, you're putting WAAAAYYY too much effort into your posts with all the pics and whatnot. On the other hand, what else you gonna do while at work? Lord knows you don't need another muffin.

Nah man I am at home, so its sit here and waste time or talk to the wife so Ill post some pics... muffins are for girls I am all in for donuts and not them sissy powder donuts or glaze crap I am talking huge f---ing apple fritter.

Oh yeah if anyone is keeping track

and then there were three... AA FTA and this Carb dude

since you said it that way it makes it seem like you are way over charging. all you have to do is think every time you throw a log in the truck, man another $20 bill, hey that one was 25 bucks right there... and you will feel much better about the lower paying jobs

Well welcome to 2012. Like I said, I don't blame you for trying but around here someone would have scarfed that up for $175, been done in a half hour and been eating steak that night. As I'm sure someone was in your neighborhood. Not that I blame you for sitting that one out either. I have my bottom line and do not go below it. I priced one like that last week for $200 and $50 for the stump. $250 total. It was literally right around the corner from the condo complex account I have... Never heard back from him and wouldn't have come back for less. Would have taken about an hour to an hour and a half, stump included.

Stihl-O-Matic

That vidoe was tff. Looks like it was in Willamantic, if that kid had a bigger head I would swear it was you!

Carbie You aren't smart enough to keep your piehole shut when people that know way more then you ever thought about knowing try to help you. Then when they give you the chance to step away and keep some dignity, you fuel the fire. You are absolutely brilliant.

Nah man I am at home, so its sit here and waste time or talk to the wife so Ill post some pics... muffins are for girls I am all in for donuts and not them sissy powder donuts or glaze crap I am talking huge f---ing apple fritter.

Oh yeah if anyone is keeping track

and then there were three... AA FTA and this Carb dude

Hmmmm fritters! My favourite!

Latest posts

Back