I have a confession...Time for a reaming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it doesnt have to be like this.

Just remember, you can smash up a chair pretty easy, and all you need is a claw hammer or pry bar to take up the floor boards. Nothing wrong with getting closer to the ground ;-)

Shaun

Have you checked the "For Sale" section of the newspaper? I'm bettin' (and givin" odds) you can buy a 1/3 cord from a firewood dealer at half the cost of buying it in bundles... and if you're just burning the occasional ambiance fire in the open fireplace a 1/3 cord should last a while. Even mixing it 2:1 with your "green(ish)" wood may be the ticket.

addendum: Oh, almost forgot... You're forgiven. I ain't the judgmental type... 'cause if'n I was, it would be a bit tough to look in the mirror.

Last edited:
Hang you head...lower....Lower...LOWER!!....Ok youre done :hmm3grin2orange:

I feel for ya man, we have all been in a situation that we didnt care to be in. Not everybody will admit it. It takes kahonies to admit your fault. I admire that. If you were closer to me I would help you out with a load of wood.

Isnt there a member close to him that can help the boy out with a truck load of wood, if not free at least a discount price...lower than the regional 1/3 cord price. Come on, he did admit his wrong doing after all. We are about pulling together and helping out our fellow members.

Jeff

We had to go back again and this time I had had enough, I made my girlfriend pay for it while I went to hide in the truck.

It's embarrassing, I just had to get it off my chest

Well, I was doing OK until I read this part. Man up! Stop sending the woman out to do your job. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Besides, you can get the credit card ready ahead of time and zip through the self checkout pretty quickly. Wait until someone else is having problems so the store employee stationed there is busy and you'll get before anyone notices what you're up to. That way you don't give the g/f a chance to tell everyone at customer service "My boyfriend made me do this... he's out hiding in the truck!"

There really are a lot of places to find free wood and I'll bet you start noticing this really quickly. FWIW I always look at the bundled wood to see where it's from, what it is, etc. Local Lowes is selling wood from California, some species I don't recognize but it seems fairly dense for $7/ bundle. Wally-world OTOH is selling Canadian Poplar for the same price but it's a slightly larger bundle than Lowe's so it probably looks like a better value.

(Thanks for the laugh!)

Well, to be fair to yourself, you have probably helped some member here with their personal economy.

Who actually makes those HD bagged wood bundles? I'd like to know if they really *are* a member. I saw the wrapped pallet loads as well last time I was there. It was expensive for my taste (Ha, past free is expensive), but it did look good quality, the splits I could see.

didja at least aim her so ya both could watch the fire ! ? ? !

ambience....huh....happened to me in 1979.......new fireplace........no wood......wife bought me one of those contraptions that rolls up newspapers into logs.
I felt like a monkey on a organ grinder....

Have to deliver 1/6th of a cord today to a lady. She was going to go buy those little bundles at HD. They dont use the fireplace often, just for holiday burns and have no where to store extra wood. I am not even charging for the 20 mile delivery, being christmas and all. Just didn't want her buying those bundles! lol

Ted

ambience....huh....happened to me in 1979.......new fireplace........no wood......wife bought me one of those contraptions that rolls up newspapers into logs.
I felt like a monkey on a organ grinder....

have ya tried to burn newspaper lately ? ?

youll need a gallon of gasoline and a propane torch

HEDGEROW : when ya leave the screen door open ya never know what kinda critter will waltz in

mike

This roll of newspaper won't burn worth a flip either... :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

And I figured Muddog would get a kick out of "Smiley"... I put a leash on him, but I don't think he liked it...:msp_confused:

attachment.php

I love it !

i shoot at then things all the time in the spring when they mess with my livestock

"shoot at them"
intentionally miss, cause theyre in a different time zone as us

ya shoot at them then 10 seconds later they react to it then run away

FREAKIN HILARIOUS !

but they own the scene theyre in,...but not as bad as a coon !

mike

Start getting your wood for next year NOW. The firewood I have is all lying on pallets from HD. I'm thinking of building a shed from them as my work bench is gone.

There must be someone around there from the site who could see there way clear to getting you some burnable wood. Can't you find some woods that have dead standing wood. It's what I burn mostly. But start hustling now so you can relax some later. Early bird gets the worm!

WOO That is over $800 a cord. We have sale over 5000 bundles this year. Aver in NC look me up. Will get you a good load of firewood.

have ya tried to burn newspaper lately ? ?

"The Roanoke Times" is our local newspaper - that piece of liberal sh** is not going to dirty up my fireplace!

Watching craiglist for the next free listing for pallets (of course I have some but they're running out) cuz they are $12 at lowe's.

And as for cutting, I def will be set for next year.

Getting that off my chest helped alot, thanks for the suggestions and offers of free wood... I'll probably just by a truck load for this year once i get my hands on more pallets

Latest posts

Back