I heard Stihl is better than Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you build,port,buy,sell saws and want to make money doing it there's one very clear choice.
Doesn't matter which cuts a peice of wood the fastest,it's the one that people want to buy that's the best saw.

Even if Stihl ran better cut longer and was more reliable HUSKY is much better by far. In the 70s and 80s I went far out of my way to get everything Stihl. Not any more. Stihl dealers for most part are a rip off scam. They do not do any thing even a little extra to help customers so why use them. Where my mom lives is a guy who owns a Stihl shop who is pretty decent but the lady who works for him is golden. She does what she says. If you need a part she will order it send it and charge $5 for the shipping, but the shop is 150 miles away. With Husky there are many sites with real Husky parts that are just a click away so what is not to like. So far any saw that seemed that it would meet my needs was available new online. So much of Stihl has nothing to do with the real German Stihl so is it any good? The other brands might be just as good, but have only experience with Stihl and Husky. Thanks

If you build,port,buy,sell saws and want to make money doing it there's one very clear choice.
Doesn't matter which cuts a peice of wood the fastest,it's the one that people want to buy that's the best saw.
Point taken!
There was a survey on here maybe just under a few years back. Husqvarna edged out Stihl for the number one spot with this crowd. Certainly a more educated crowd than Craigs listers who choose chainsaws by the amount of syllable's.
To them Stihl only has 2 maybe 3, where as Husqvarna????? Fuhgeddaboudit!
Hey isn't that where @chipper1 deals?

Homelite better than them all!

;)
Back in the 70s when I worked in the USDA was working on a fairly large fire project. We were having trouble with some spot fires constantly jumping our lines. So went to the fire boss and asked for some personnel and A ( as in one ) saw with a gallon of gas and a quart of oil. We were about 30 miles from the nearest any thing. So I called my friend who was working with the helicopters and asked if he could come up with a saw and gas. He said no problem. After a few hours I took four guys and told them let us see what we can do with the equipment we have. About two hours latter we ran out of water so headed back to base hoping to find a saw, but none in sight. So we watched a 200 sf fire grow to an acre. As the sun was getting low here comes a DC 3 buzzing out camp and out pops the door with a box and a chute. A couple minutes latter I rip open the box to find about 35 brand new Homelites each with its own fuel container. All the writing on the saws and containers were non english so was a little confused. After a little messing around finally got one running pretty good and started cutting a few logs laying around since it was almost dark. I was accustomed to having brand new Stihls that were well set up. Those saws cut horrible and were just plain clumsy. At that point the only saws that were allowed on my district were Homelites. I had an older McCulloch that worked much better at the time. Since the 70s have not touched any Homelites since. Now there seems to be so many fans of of Homelites maybe they are much better. Thanks

The new homies are plastic junk, but the old Super EZs, XL 925, 1050's etc were beasts. XL-12 might be the most copied saw of all time.

Boat anchors that vibrate your arms off by today's standards, but fun. I met a guy who climbs and prefers an EZ auto to a MS200.

But yeah, once you get into the textron 330's & the like, I'm out.

Latest posts

Back