I heard Stihl is better than Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shindaiwa quality is awesome. Nothing Chinese in these babies! Unlike certain German and Swedish manufacturers lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Let's be honest here. We all want Dolmar/Makita/Maruyama saws. It's a shame the states don't have a top handle and big cube saw and a 60cc farm/ranch saw from them to compete with others. Might be the reason people go with Stihl husqvarna or echo for the full line up from dealer instead.

Some years ago, I ordered a T-27 from a Shindaiwa dealer in CO., I think it was. No dealers locally, so I ordered one.

When it arrived, it was dusty and the muffler had a dent in it. It was very apparent that it had been a display model. There were a couple other "red flags" that indicated it had been sitting around for a while.

I called the dealer and asked what the Hell was up with it? I got the usual "It has a full factory warranty and if you have any issues they will be covered" song & dance.

I told him about the dented muffler and the other issues it had. He was willing to send a new muffler and send a few other parts that I had mentioned. Oh yeah, it didn't even have a frigging gas cap. :mad:

Long story made short, it was returned to him at his expense. He wasn't very happy about it, but oh well.

Wait a minute..........there's other manufacturers of O P E other than Stihl? :confused:

Totally agree My Ideal saw is one that starts easily & runs well oils more ( adustable oiler, better still if it only oils with chain revolving) than the stingy modern ones were you have to purchase extra uprated HD oil pump kit Can obtain parts as & when required if iit does that I don't care what brand the decal is

Wait a minute..........there's other manufacturers of O P E other than Stihl? :confused:

Not that I'm aware of. Now my friend WKEND LUMBERJAK seems to do pretty well with other brands, but this is to be expected, as has been prophesied regarding the antiStihl, these being the end times as evidenced by the recently enacted OPE regs.

I had terrible results with a John Deere (echo) and a Homelite, went to Stihl 23 years ago and haven't looked back. Pro grade saws are a lot easier to work on, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the 009-012 series.

I am amazed to frequently see used Stihl saws listed at or above MSRP on places like CL and FB. I don't know how many sell at those prices but would assume a blind squirrel comes along often enough to make the practice worthwile.

How many professional arborist/loggers run equipment that isn't stihl or husqvarna? I know a few guys that run 7910 dolmars.

There the only ones who offer a practical large pro saw.

I definitely agree that Stihl saws are the best sellers on CL around Denver. It takes a rare individual around here to want a pro Husqvarna saw. People do ask MSRP or a hair under for some used Stihl saws, but I don't know if they sell for those prices.

I do see the 455 and 460 Rancher saws listed on CL used for $400 plus, but I don't know how well they sell. I had a nice used Husky 460 that I finally sold for $300 after advertising it for a month.

The 55 Air injection, closed port saws are very common here, luckily! I usually sell them for $250-$350 depending on condition, appearance, Bar and chain type or cost, and work that went into them...

I have a 55 closed port that I just installed an OEM Husky CP piston in and it has a pro 20 inch bar and Stihl RS chain. I already have a buyer lined up for $350 on it....

Latest posts

Back