I hope no member here is bidding on this one!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
欢迎到所有我们的中国讲的用户。您能发现语言调整在网站的左下角落。下落装箱下来被找出得那里设置您的特选。

look at the warning stickers on the top cover... plus a few other little things

Please post the difference that makes you know it is counterfeit, so a newbie like myself don't fall for one.
Thanks.

Easy to tell thats a fake. Just look at the fuel and oil caps, the stickers, the bolts in the top cover and recoil cover, and the operator presence lever and throttle trigger. Few more things are a dead give away. Cant see it in the picture, but they have a yellow wire behind the recoil instead of a blue one and all the serial numbers are the same I believe.

Did you do report this item? I can say for sure they don't seem to care about keyword spamming but counterfeit they should be pretty concerned about. What with the fake pocket books/hand bags the legal precedent is pretty well established, at least to my understanding. Maybe they would only act if the manufacturer complained. Reporting would help the buyer at a later date with a complaint one would think.

fran

Easy to tell thats a fake. Just look at the fuel and oil caps, the stickers, the bolts in the top cover and recoil cover, and the operator presence lever and throttle trigger. Few more things are a dead give away. Cant see it in the picture, but they have a yellow wire behind the recoil instead of a blue one and all the serial numbers are the same I believe.

Ive noticed some are doing a better job in the fuel and oil cap area, but as you mentioned there are several other areas to check. When the description sometimes read 25:1 fuel/oil ratio thats a dead give away to a fake.

Did you do report this item? I can say for sure they don't seem to care about keyword spamming but counterfeit they should be pretty concerned about. What with the fake pocket books/hand bags the legal precedent is pretty well established, at least to my understanding. Maybe they would only act if the manufacturer complained. Reporting would help the buyer at a later date with a complaint one would think.

fran

its been going on so long it aint funny, ya chase one counterfeiter off and another pops up. Its going to be up to the buyer to protect himself.

I'm not sure I would recognize the saw as a fake from just the picture, that one looks pretty decent to me. But location being in china and the broken English are clues enough I wouldn't touch it. I feel bad for the people that get suckered into those.

I noticed under the Brand Name to the left, the real saw says "Patented".
On the fake saw it says "Patent Pending".

fran

I doubt ebay cares as long as they get their fees...

Back