I hope this isn't anyone here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he should teach that kid safety first like safety glasses and hearing prtecting,,that guy is an idiot

Ya just can't fix stupid.

I understand the father was standing there but that is still just plain stupid in my opinion.:msp_thumbdn:

Kickback isn't the only hazard when running a chansaw. What about crap getting in that kids eyes, no hearing protection, etc.
IMO, it's too risky for a 6 year old.

wouldnt catch me doing that with my Kid ( or any kid for that matter).

he should teach that kid safety first like safety glasses and hearing prtecting,,that guy is an idiot

People like these raising children is the very reason why we have a generation of young people entering the workforce who are just BARELY smart enough to tie their shoes!!!

I was steering the tractor for our neighbor while he and my father picked up hay when I was 5 years old.
I'd bet the kid in that video will be able to do something besides play video games when he is a teenager!

Mike

People like these raising children is the very reason why we have a generation of young people entering the workforce who are just BARELY smart enough to tie their shoes!!!

I was steering the tractor for our neighbor while he and my father picked up hay when I was 5 years old.
I'd bet the kid in that video will be able to do something besides play video games when he is a teenager!

Mike

Probably true...

THATS BS!!!!!! The kid is only 5 or 6 and has already ran a 660 and Im almost 30 and have not! WTF

Teach the kid how to drive with a top fueler. Maybe his first deer rifle should be a 460 Weatherby. Serious tools demand a degree of maturity.

Mike

Couldn't agree with you more.

there should be more videos like this..i support all types of population control....
there just too many stupid people out there the videos just help us thin them out.

Mike

True, but there has to be some moderation. I am usually not very quick to jump on the safety bandwagon, but there is a reason that we all are generally living longer. I just have to give modern 'safety' (PPE, knowledge of risks, etc.) a little credit.

Mike

I agree you should teach your kids how to run a saw, drive a tractor/truck, and shoot a gun i just think you should use your head a little more. start him out with a smaller saw maybe give the kid a pair of ear plugs and some safety glasses. If you want to do that with your kid go ahead........

I have no problem starting kids with tools,tractors,guns and plain old fashioned work at an early age.
With that said.
That is plain out "child endangerment". I know what a saw can do first hand, let alone a 660.
Anybody thinks otherwise is a fool.

I have no problem starting kids with tools,tractors,guns and plain old fashioned work at an early age.
With that said.
That is plain out "child endangerment". I know what a saw can do first hand, let alone a 660.
Anybody thinks otherwise is a fool.

I have never crashed a car but I have cut myself 3 times with a chainsaw...not very forgiving...

Here's a question for ya. What age should a kid be allowed to run a saw?

My 7 yr old boy is a moose, and smart to boot. I'm thinking 16 is a safe place to start.

Of course I have a six inch scar on my leg that makes me remember the fact that a chainsaw can rip thru flesh like it was air.

I do not shelter my kids. I want them to be exposed to as much reality as possible.

Who has started their kids young?

Child Protective Services would have a field day with this guy. He would be on the front page of the paper with CPS removing the child from his custody. The taxpayers would be feeding him for a few weeks. After that his time with the child would be supervised at his cost.

Mike

Another smart post from Mike.

Personally I thought that 660 was rather slow in that wood. :ices_rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back