I just read the new chainsaws will be much higher $$$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i just read the new Husqvarna chainsaws will be as high as $1,500. I guess the one with all the bells and whistles. Any word on these?

Hey, that's two people, there was a guy trying to sell a suspected stolen MS880 a while back that told us the MS462 was going to be like $1800 or something. Must be true if two people say it and I read it on the internets and stuff. I don't think Stihl or Husqvarna either one are dumb enough to throw a huge price increase at the 70cc market and price themselves out of the market. I'll be shocked if it's a 10% increase. If you're saying the Husqvarna saws in general will be as high as $1500, then yes, I believe that.

I think it’s the new model huskys because of the new technology that’s going into them. I would think the new Stihl won’t be far behind.

I would think that if new saws are actually going to be higher, that too, would drive up the prices of used saws.

I also read that parts for the used older husky models are starting to become harder to find. I was looking for a few parts online for my 266, I’ll have to checkout my local dealer.

I think it’s the new model huskys because of the new technology that’s going into them. I would think the new Stihl won’t be far behind.
Possibly an effect of the US administration imposing import tariffs on other countries not sure about saws but it seems the high end German /Japanese cars will be subject to restrictions & as Stihl is also a German company ????

Typically they're considerably more expensive everywhere but here. I think Australia might have it the worst, but they're far from cheap in Europe.

There isn't really any "new" technology going into either brand. The computer controlled carbs have been on saws for what, almost 10 years now, and they were on cars in the 70s right? As I understand it, the only real new feature in the 572 is that the carb is better shielded from the heat of the cylinder.

$1500 for a 70cc saw isn't gonna fly here, not anytime soon anyway. Of course these are far from stable times, so I guess anything could happen, but they'd have to really do some explaining for why a 70cc saw is more expensive than a 90cc saw. That or they're gonna really have to jack up prices across the board. I bet Echo would love that.

Back