I know all about saws, yeah right

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

half

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My back fence has a lot of trees overhanging my property,and filling my gutters with leaves, so I spoke to them about cutting them back. yesterday was the day.He turned up with a pole saw and did most of it, Then I showed him one that was pushing the fence out of line. so he went around to his side and I waited, nothing, then he said have you got a cresent I need to adjust my chain.His tools were in his ute that was with his son, so he said I gave him my chain spanner, he said it wont fit and he lifted the saw up and showed me over the fence. the nuts were rounded with a cresent .No wonder the spanner would not fit. they were stuffed anyway ,So i gave him a big vicegrip and that worked.Then it would not start.
Can I borrow your saw ,Ive done a course and know all about them, With some reluctance I said yes.Got my saw out checked it and started it ,warmed it up ,shut it down and passed it over the 6ft fence, heard it being pulled about 10 times and nothing. so over the fence again and 1 pull and it goes, back over the fence another 1/2 doz pulls and then The start cord broke.
Fixed that,stared it again easy, stopped, over the fence, wont start so got it to the top of the fence and found he was not using the decompression. push that in and 1 pull away it went. so he started cutting the top out and all well ,then he started doing the trunk and cut that, and also the tin fence with my chain.Boy ,that was the last straw, did I do my prunes. Told him to give me back my saw and dont ever ask for it again, and replace the sheet of corrugated iron that he had put a 6in cut in.
I dont know what they teach at these chainsaw schools but that makes me wonder

My back fence has a lot of trees overhanging my property,and filling my gutters with leaves, so I spoke to them about cutting them back. yesterday was the day.He turned up with a pole saw and did most of it, Then I showed him one that was pushing the fence out of line. so he went around to his side and I waited, nothing, then he said have you got a cresent I need to adjust my chain.His tools were in his ute that was with his son, so he said I gave him my chain spanner, he said it wont fit and he lifted the saw up and showed me over the fence. the nuts were rounded with a cresent .No wonder the spanner would not fit. they were stuffed anyway ,So i gave him a big vicegrip and that worked.Then it would not start.
Can I borrow your saw ,Ive done a course and know all about them, With some reluctance I said yes.Got my saw out checked it and started it ,warmed it up ,shut it down and passed it over the 6ft fence, heard it being pulled about 10 times and nothing. so over the fence again and 1 pull and it goes, back over the fence another 1/2 doz pulls and then The start cord broke.
Fixed that,stared it again easy, stopped, over the fence, wont start so got it to the top of the fence and found he was not using the decompression. push that in and 1 pull away it went. so he started cutting the top out and all well ,then he started doing the trunk and cut that, and also the tin fence with my chain.Boy ,that was the last straw, did I do my prunes. Told him to give me back my saw and dont ever ask for it again, and replace the sheet of corrugated iron that he had put a 6in cut in.
I dont know what they teach at these chainsaw schools but that makes me wonder
Wow...what a jug-head he is...you really came out lucky he didn't take chunk out of his thigh or neck. Most fairies like that wind up swimming in their own blood before long!:popcorn:

I would have charged him the shop rate to fix it.... And not payed him..

the nuts were rounded with a cresent .No wonder the spanner would not fit.

STRIKE 1

heard it being pulled about 10 times and nothing.

STRIKE 2

The start cord broke.

STRIKE 3

Fixed that,stared it again easy, stopped, over the fence, wont start so got it to the top of the fence and found he was not using the decompression. push that in and 1 pull away it went.

STRIKE 4

so he started cutting the top out and all well ,then he started doing the trunk and cut that, and also the tin fence with my chain.

STRIKE 5

Must be cricket, because in America you get three strikes and you are out...

Sorry for the harsh lesson, but this is why you never lend out a saw.

Curious to know why you didn't go over the fence with your saw? Especially after his ignorance was made evident by not being able to start a saw that you had just started before you sent it over the fence.

chain saw

In retrospect I should have done the job myself, But I was just about to take the wife to work, when he arrived, as she is in the CBD and parking is a pain ,so I drive her,And I had no gear on,to go climbing through the bush to get to the tree.
But looking back now I should have made time really. and I had it, and protected my investment. I took what he said as good, He said he was used to my model saw and had used one at school. I broke my own rule there {never lend anything with an engine on it, or a power plug}and ive just been told to add, {wears more than 1 pair of underwear}LOL

Back