I learned at least 2 things the other day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plans mailed! :cheers:

Of course, you can adjust measurements to suit your needs. The plans are currently set up to cut wood to 16".

Again thank ya! 16" is the length I cut to also.

I'll have to rep ya when they let me...

Kevin

If you try boring in, be sure to wobble your saw a little bit. That'll help keep it from kicking back for some reason. I learned that trick from our saw gurus.

They are spendier than a peavy, but I use my caulks and legs to get stubborn chunks moved. There is also a secret cut you can do--slanting the sides of your cut, so the chunk will come out easier. I've driven PLASTIC wedges under the log also. Gotta improvise.

If you try boring in, be sure to wobble your saw a little bit. That'll help keep it from kicking back for some reason. I learned that trick from our saw gurus.

They are spendier than a peavy, but I use my caulks and legs to get stubborn chunks moved. There is also a secret cut you can do--slanting the sides of your cut, so the chunk will come out easier. I've driven PLASTIC wedges under the log also. Gotta improvise.

Thanks for that.

Kevin

Good looking log. I wish I was there to help you. I probably would have just done something dumb like chain the log to my truck and try to roll it over to a better spot for bucking...Take Care

Good looking log. I wish I was there to help you. I probably would have just done something dumb like chain the log to my truck and try to roll it over to a better spot for bucking...Take Care

A chain(s), come-along, and cant hook are on my 'need-to-get' list.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back