I lost my wood cutting buddy today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my old friend Puppy..

attachment.php

Nearly 2 years later, we have a new dog in the house.. I'll see if I can get a photo up of Liza..

Hey WVLogger... truly sorry to hear of your loss.... I've had two dogs at-a-time through my whole life which puts me at 8 dogs total (including the two I have now) so i have been through this many times... the worst would definately be my old great dane I had for almost 14yrs... My wife and I moved into a rental home for about 1 1/2yrs where we couldn't have him so my mom and dad kept him at their house.... gotta call one morning from my dad (who is a 'mans-man' mill-right) and I could hear the sadness in his voice.. he proceded to tell me that he had to put down Brutus in the early morning hours... he had been sick for a while.... That's been 8yrs ago and I still get choked up every time I think of the fact that I missed out on his last 1 1/2yrs and often wonder if he felt abandoned by me during that time.... Be glad for and cherish the wonderful years you spent together.

p.s. I'm from WV also, northern panhandle

Sorry for your loss... I lost a black lab to cancer that my sister gave me, he was 8 y/o. 2 weeks later my wife and I bought a yellow and he definitely filled in the empty place in my heart for the black. I seen my black in him in many ways. My yellow does more than my black ever has done with me. Mans best friend for sure....

Their relationship is most unending loyalty, and our best friend. Even in cartoon world snoopy is the most beloved of all the peanuts characters by children.
We' lost our dog a few years ago, it was a sad day after 14 years. Now we have two that we rescued from a pound. I hope you get you a new puppy soon also...Peace.

Time will help ease the pain...but it takes so long! Making that final trip to the vet is heart wrenching....you know deep down inside you are doing the right thing but that doesn't make it any easier. It amazes me how attached we always get to our pets. I guess it's because we know they would do anything for us if they could. My dogs are the best people I know!

my condolence

Mans BEST friend! On a hot day, put your wife an dog in the trunk. Drive around for awhile, than open the trunk and see who is glad to see you. They are the most forgiving animal on the planet. With five grown boys we all have dogs. Had to put down three this year due to old age, cancer and limes. You always say I will never go through this again. BUT YOU DO.

Oh how I feel for your loss. But know that you are showing him the ultimate expression of love, kindness and compassion.

I watched my 34 year old friend waste away to nothing from colon cancer. It was utterly crushing to see what he had to suffer through because we are not as compassionate and caring for humans as we are for a dog.

I hope you can feel all the love people here have for you and what you're going through. A hard day to face. We are all standing with you.

Mike

I feel for ya man. I've got two right now that I rescued. They sleep up on the bed with my wife and I. When my son wakes up in the middle of the night from a bad dream, it gets pretty crowded in there. The girl dog loves my son more than anything. She is very caring. I was sleeping on the couch the other day and was in real bad pain. I felt bad because I automatically slapped her when I woke up with her tongue in my mouth!

sorry for your loss.i had to put down my 1 yr old weimaraner last month,she was running under a fence and broke her back.just remember the good times you had,God will help ease your pain.

Well i foundout waht was wrong, Skip had cancer. We buried him on a cemtary werew family is buried. We put him on his pillow he sletp on. Saddest thing i ever did. Just typing this has me crying:cry:. but i got a new puppy today. His name is Skip to and he is a pitbull and blue tick mix, Very pretty pup. I will post some pictures later.

Well i foundout waht was wrong, Skip had cancer. We buried him on a cemtary werew family is buried. We put him on his pillow he sletp on. Saddest thing i ever did. Just typing this has me crying:cry:. but i got a new puppy today. His name is Skip to and he is a pitbull and blue tick mix, Very pretty pup. I will post some pictures later.
It's good that he's with family. Family should be with family.

When we had to put our cat Sassy down, the one that became paralyzed for reasons we'll never know, we took in one of the stray cats out back that the wife and I take care of, a thin, friendly little all-black cat that we named "Slim". Someone told me that Slim is Sassy's legacy; one pet moved on and another that needed a good home got one. That is what is happening here, Skip II is Skip I's "legacy"; not a replacement, but an extension.

You're doing a good thing, and he'll reward you 1,000 times over for taking him in.

God Bless...

my heart goes out to ya....
i knew an old tobbacco farmer in Ky who said he had the same dog for 70 years. male or female, he always had one dog, and its name was fred. The current fred is a 7 year old border Collie mix with a litter of puppies. i've lost two dogs in my life, i'm getting choked up just thinking about them right now.

Sorry to hear about that

Some years ago an unknown rotten apple spread some poison baits in our area.
I lost 1 cat, neighbours lost 2 dogs, she said she always remembers chances are pets will go away sooner than we'd like and she accepts the pain in advance...

I hope you'll see your friend's spirit in some young pup to come along your way.

SA

He was a tripod like Odin. Had been on daily pain meds for a year or so. Yesterday, he just couldn't get up anymore and we decided to have it done today or Monday. He died this morning. Just got back from burying him.

Ian

Latest posts

Back