I made a batch of cookies this afternoon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

av8or3

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
ED392EE1-44A7-4C52-B522-1F6048F359E3.jpeg E274DED5-00D3-4E2C-B8FE-5244DE49E616.jpeg I made a batch of cookies this afternoon. I’m trying to break in my new 462 and I’m working my way up a thick oak tree trunk to do it. I had the 066 out as well for testing, still has the problem. Only cut one cookie with it. Anyway, for a fellow who doesn’t work with saws, it was great stress relief after a terrible week.

Also, not really on topic but cool just the same. I discovered a place to get 93 octane ethenol free fuel. 30 mins from the house. I just googled it and came up with city listings and type of e-free fuel for Ga. Could search any state. Called the place and verified it. I’ll be heading out there soon. The best I’ve been able to get has been 90 octane. I’m using Motomix to break in the 462 and the thing sounds like a top fuel dragster. Snaps, pops and spits and not in a bad way either. You just have to hear it.

View attachment 701380 View attachment 701381 I made a batch of cookies this afternoon. I’m trying to break in my new 462 and I’m working my way up a thick oak tree trunk to do it. I had the 066 out as well for testing, still has the problem. Only cut one cookie with it. Anyway, for a fellow who doesn’t work with saws, it was great stress relief after a terrible week.
Good looking cookies, but I prefer chocolate chip.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

What do you do with the cookies? I always seem to get short pieces about 4 to 8 inches long that I then chop up for kindling. Those of yours look bit to short of good kindling, or at least the way I use my short little pieces.

Good looking cookies, good looking saws. Glad the break in procedure is going well.

What do you do with the cookies? I always seem to get short pieces about 4 to 8 inches long that I then chop up for kindling. Those of yours look bit to short of good kindling, or at least the way I use my short little pieces.
You can’t see it in the pick but I just throw em on the pile. It’s a big pile and will be ready for burning next year. They are thin and they break up in your our hands mostly.
Another afterthought, after using nothing but the 462 for the last three weeks, the 066 felt very heavy and kinda slow/clunky when used. Even the throttle controls “confused” my fingers a couple times. I’d squeeze the throttle and it wouldn’t go in (cause I didn’t have the safety mashed properly) and that’s because the handle feels very different than that in the 462.
These new saws point differently. I can jump around from my 034, 044, 046 and 066 and they all feel the same, hands don’t skip a beat. I spend a few weeks with a “New” saw and now my old ones don’t fit me. It’s a new experience for me.

You can’t see it in the pick but I just throw em on the pile. It’s a big pile and will be ready for burning next year. They are thin and they break up in your our hands mostly.
Another afterthought, after using nothing but the 462 for the last three weeks, the 066 felt very heavy and kinda slow/clunky when used. Even the throttle controls “confused” my fingers a couple times. I’d squeeze the throttle and it wouldn’t go in (cause I didn’t have the safety mashed properly) and that’s because the handle feels very different than that in the 462.
These new saws point differently. I can jump around from my 034, 044, 046 and 066 and they all feel the same, hands don’t skip a beat. I spend a few weeks with a “New” saw and now my old ones don’t fit me. It’s a new experience for me.
Very good write up. I too was wondering how it felt against that 066.

Back