I made some chain vises

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Step 1..

attachment.php

Step 2..

attachment.php

I'm having fun with this thing. There's more than just 1 radius to be used...

:msp_sneaky:

time for another few file strokes...

What's with the unusual filing of the depth gauge?

They've just had some material removed... Still need to be shaped...
There are several hours of work left on this chain.
But I was trying to do it in stages, to see if I could get good speed out of a full sized tooth...

Last edited:
You can get a nice cutting chain without the tooth going way back. It just takes a little more work.

You can get a nice cutting chain without the tooth going way back. It just takes a little more work.

Man, I hope so... Not lookin' forward to filing half a tooth off... :dizzy:

The gen II vise is pretty handy... Whatever position is most comfortable for filing, you can pretty much find a way to lock it down in that spot...:rock:

It looks nice. I may have to get one. I've got other tools ahead of it on the list right now.

any update on this vise? i'm looking for something pretty soon and am interested in the version 3 because it looks to be a little longer. Can you PM me a price?

thank you!

I have all the material cut for the for the first run of 12. I'm hoping to have them on the machine by the end of the week. I just became a site sponsor so I don't know if I'm allowed to post prices or advertise in my sig yet but I will let you guys know. Thank you all very much for your interest in my vice.

Latest posts

Back