I made some chain vises

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all the material cut for the for the first run of 12. I'm hoping to have them on the machine by the end of the week. I just became a site sponsor so I don't know if I'm allowed to post prices or advertise in my sig yet but I will let you guys know. Thank you all very much for your interest in my vice.

thank you. Feel free to PM me a price if you would like. i'm intersted in a Gen 3 version and would like to see some pics of it once your done as i'm sure everyone else will also.

thanks!

I have all the material cut for the for the first run of 12. I'm hoping to have them on the machine by the end of the week. I just became a site sponsor so I don't know if I'm allowed to post prices or advertise in my sig yet but I will let you guys know. Thank you all very much for your interest in my vice.

You're good. Go ahead and put out whatever info you want, Sig, etc.

Thanks for sponsoring AS!

It looks like Gen 3 vises will be made of steel, come with 3 handle nuts and be priced at 110.00 shipped. I will be accepting pay pal, personal check, and money order.

On another note I have 2 Gen 1 vises left to move and they will be 40.00 shipped.

I was curious if any of you would be interested in a .080 gauge vise? I don't know if there would be a demand for such a vise.

I will also be offering a HD Gen 3. This vise will not have the relief at the top for the roller guide and be much stronger. Please let me know what you think.

And a few more...

attachment.php

:msp_ohmy:You can leave that chain at home when you come up here.:msp_unsure:

Do I have to PM or put here for the $40 Gen 2 vise?

Been wantin one...

PM for PayPal Addy...

Last edited:
It looks like Gen 3 vises will be made of steel, come with 3 handle nuts and be priced at 110.00 shipped. I will be accepting pay pal, personal check, and money order.

On another note I have 2 Gen 1 vises left to move and they will be 40.00 shipped.

I was curious if any of you would be interested in a .080 gauge vise? I don't know if there would be a demand for such a vise.

I will also be offering a HD Gen 3. This vise will not have the relief at the top for the roller guide and be much stronger. Please let me know what you think.

Will the HD Gen 3 be a little cheaper since it would need less machining? Just curious.

Gen 2 are priced accordingly to how many handle nuts one would request.

Mike,

It might be helpful if you put together a short price list, seeing that you are an official A.S. sponsor and all, with what you are offering, options, etc.

You can always change it later, but it would let folks know if you are still offering 'Gen X' vises, if they can delete the lever handles to save a few $, add laser engraving, etc.

Maybe add a line or two of description: e.g. approximate dimensions, materials used, specific advantages, etc.

Just a suggestion to keep things clear.

Philbert

Mike,

It might be helpful if you put together a short price list, seeing that you are an official A.S. sponsor and all, with what you are offering, options, etc.

You can always change it later, but it would let folks know if you are still offering 'Gen X' vises, if they can delete the lever handles to save a few $, add laser engraving, etc.

Maybe add a line or two of description: e.g. approximate dimensions, materials used, specific advantages, etc.

Just a suggestion to keep things clear.

Philbert

That sounds great. I will have a list with short descriptions here soon. Thank you for the suggestion.

I have a Gen 1 for 40.

Gen 2 are priced accordingly to how many handle nuts one would request.

I will be making another run of gen2 later on here next week.

I thought it was a Gen 2 (read it wrong). You have 2 Gen 1's left for $40. As much as I want one, I would rather have a Gen 2. I like the Radius and also the Wing nuts. I will wait until you make another run. But def mark me for one.

Unless its easy to convert the Gen 1 to a wing nut? I'd still do it then? Otherwise, I would gladly pay tue premium on the Gen 2 or 3 (but I do like the radius).

Thanks... :)

Does anybody have a timberline chain sharpener? I would like to have the width of the opening where you clamp the bar to see if it will work with my vise.

Width of the opening is 3/8". The thumbscrews that you tighten to secure the sharpener sit about 1" down from the point where the carbides hit the chain.

Back