I re-heat treated aftermarket circlips

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't it ironic that these components are so widely attributed to the top end failures and destruction of so many machines, be they OEM or AM?

A cheesy little circlip...

Yes,

look at the gas turbine Andy Granatelli entered in the 500 back in 1967?

On the working for rich people...

I took on a job for custom walkways with brick and tile inlay, surrounded by exposed ag, brick porch, garden walkway, brick fireplace and hearth, and concrete picnic patio. (Seperate from the formal patio, don't get that mixed up.)

Anyway, the couple hired me because I came very highly reccomended and after looking at jobs I'd done for two of their friends they just had to have the work done by me. Husband and I negotiated all the particulars and signed the papers. He was a decent guy and had been a contractor himself in the SF Bay area. We got along fine.

Well, I had my wedding planned and told them right up front that regardless of the progress I was going to be gone for two weeks during their job. They said that was no problem.

The day I get back from my honeymoon, two days before I told them I'd be back, the wife is screaming into the phone at me about taking too long, she isn't going to wait for any reason, I better get over there in half an hour or she'll sue, and on, and on, and on.

Now, based on the timeframe in the contract I still had two weeks to finish the job and the only thing left was the garden pathway. Two days of work at the most. I told her I'd see her when I said I'd see her. She started calling all my family listed in the phone book and screaming at them. I ignored her and showed up as I had promised. I brought an extra helper and we did the whole thing in one day. I then went to the door and demanded final payment before I left. She refused at first, than her husband stepped past her without a word and handed me a check and said "Thanks for finishing so quickly." Guess he was tired of listening to her too.

The real irony is that two months later I got a call from someone who wanted similar work done, they said "Yeah, Mrs. X is really happy with the work you did!" Some people! I'd bet real money she just loved bragging about spending 50k on custom sidewalks.:hmm3grin2orange
Mr. HE:cool:

Her Doctor changed her perscription.I've been through that story before.

Back