I remember...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when there was only 10-15 members at the chainsaw forum during the evening and only around 35-40 members at the entire site on any evening.

Back in 2001, the site was mainly occupied by a few mild mannered arborists,
before the demon hoard invaded and set up camp, I was even chastised
for mentioning the word "beer"....

A lot has changed, for sure

I remember when I did'nt have 5 kids and my wife weighed 106lbs. MAN TIME CHANGES EVERYTHING!:hmm3grin2orange:

I did a search of that post, but it must be too old.

I did find a pic of "Satan"........

attachment.php

But the question of the day is:..........

Who is this guy?????????

Have no idea.................but it's priceless! :hmm3grin2orange:

I think the more you go back in time, the men worked harder
and when they got the chance to play and joke and drink
They done that harder that what is done today also.

TT

I sneak a peak durring the day, sometimes, and many times over a hundred are online. So is that 'cause of the economy, or just many more members, shift workers, wives secretely peeking?

Gawd, I hope that my wife doesn't read my posts, especially the ones about saw purchases ;).

I remember when...

The AS chainsaw forum had only about 25 members who posted regularily.

Photos were rare because not many members had digital cameras; videos were even rarer.

Admitting to running newer Poulan or Echo saws would bring on serious ridicule (thankfully that has changed!).

Muffler mods were about as far as most members would go on a saw; very few people attempted porting and other advanced mods.

Every body remembers the cheap gas of the early 70's and back. But, do you remember that the pumps only went to $9.99 and rolled over like an old odometer. After the first gas crunch, I was in a pinch for cash, taking my girl friend to a movie. I stopped and filled up the beer keg gas tank I had on my 55 International. The attendent put the nozzel in and walked away. When he came back he said "that'll be $2.50". He didn't notice that it had rolled over and was actually $12.50. I felt guilty for months that I didn't fess up. I took the extra money and bought a couple burgers and 2 bottles fo Boones Farm Strawberry Hill. I felt guilty about that for so long I don't even remember if I got lucky that night, Joe.

unknown Dude

quite stylin, saftey toed boots, barely soiled chaps, one white glove, tavern nite out dinner jacket, nice saftey eye ware, I'll bet he's wear'n ear protecdtion under those muffs. Points deducted for no hard hat.

Latest posts

Back