I remember...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when gas was .25 cents a gallon.....:laugh:

Started pumping gas when it was 30 cents and a pack of Marlboros were 35 cents. Gassed up last night 3.05/gal......Wife still smokes about 7 bucks a pack now.

As for AS found this site last year after I bought my wood stove. Now I have serious CAD!

Love it!

:yoyo:

I remember:...

buying gas for 1.00 a gallon when i was little. 5 bucks filled a 5 gallon can. Also remember buying milk from the farmers when i was like 3-4? When it snowed, it frickin SNOWED, like..feeets at a time!! When dad would get pulled over for road hunting, and all the game warded would do is ask "can i have a beer also?" When my totally trashed hippy uncle wore Pull-tab beer can tops as a head band.

I haven't been around as long as others,but I do remember getting gas for $.79 when I was younger.This forum does move fast.I know I had a thread that i posted.Checked 5 minutes later it was 3 pages back.Still got great information though.
great place,and great people

Man the good ole days copenhagan for 75 cents and a 12 pack of buckhorn for 1.99 was great and drive all night on ten bucks memories. But think about the now when we are all old and some of us gone the now at $4 a gallon is goin to be the good ole days its a strange life.:popcorn:

Back to what Stinkbait's talking about. I never logout and my computer is always on and may have a window open to this site even though I'm not "here". Ghost surfing :hmm3grin2orange:.

a little sideways--howd your pickemup finally turn out???

:biggrinbounce2:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nr9zBUiv1yo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nr9zBUiv1yo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gary

I remember getting a swat on the ass in 6th grade, two of them actually, fairly decent paddle, with holes in it.

I remember riding in the rear window deck of the car, and a front seat belt was your mother reaching over to stop you with her backhand. thwack.

:biggrinbounce2:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nr9zBUiv1yo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nr9zBUiv1yo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gary

Nice truck Gary! Here's my '70......

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well

I remember when cokes (Coca Cola for you young whipersnappers) were a nickle or six for a quarter, gas was .19 a gallon, there was no color TV, and we cut wood with a "two person" saw and axes. I guess that makes me about to old to be good for much of anything, but I still cut a good bit of wood with my little 55 rancher and my 394XP. I guess that I will stop cutting wood when I stop walking. Thanks for the memories guys and keep on cutting.

Mitchell what have you done?

I remember seeing gas for $0.25, buying gas for $0.33, and filling my own first car ('65 Impala) for under $10.

I remember the TELEX machine at work, and getting our first facsimile unit (that's a fax machine for some of you). Some of the kids won't even know what a fax was, let alone a TELEX.

Boones Farm? vaguely...

Didn't smoke or chew long enough to ever remember the prices.

I also remember (not that long ago) when musing in a thread that I thought I'd stop when I got to 15 saws...

And finally, I remember asking in an early thread what ratio mix I should use in the Super Wiz since it said 16:1 on the instructions...sorry Gary.

Mark

I remember when gas was .19 cents a gallon during gas wars.

Red diesel was the only diesel there was.

We owned both International and John Deere tractors and it wasn't that big of a deal.

We never thought twice about running trot lines and bush hooks and then giving away the stringers of fish to needy families.

I remember my grandmother pitching a fit when two little girls, daughters of my aunts farm help, hadn't had a bath or a hot meal or clean clothes to wear. Lost most of my cut off jeans and T-shirts over that. Them girls had hot meals and I got P/B and jelly for the next week to teach me a lesson. Had she done that now a days, who knows what child care service would have showed up wanting to take her to jail. Mind you, I would have paid to see their attempt, grandma would have shot them.

Killing chickens on saturday, so we could have fried chicken after church on Sunday.

Dinner on the ground after church homecoming. Enough food to feed 2000 folks, only about 300 ever showed up. One tub full of sweet iced tea, the other tub full of grape koolaid.

When a mans word and handshake really meant something.

I remember when there was no interstate highway in the South. I also remember next to no young men in rural western NC (except out of state Job Corp workers); all the natives were either in Nam or in Washington State where there were still big trees to be logged. Ron

Back