I Rented the Home Depot Special Today...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, but ratlers everywhere!

Now we know that metals and serg are the crazy ones...surfing with great whites and talking to grizzlies:jawdrop:

Hahahaha! We're the :dizzy: ones alright. :D

:censored: loads of rattlers around here, with all the stone quarries and rocky terrain it makes excellent grounds for rattlers, seen 5 footers right next to my property. By the way NE PA does have mountain lions, black bears, coyotes, and some wolves. A wolf is a scary sight to see, as well as a mountain lion.

I wouldn't trust a Wolf as far as I could throw one! They're top of the food chain, and they know it.

Drop Bears.
http://www.geocities.com/muirnin/db.htm

Drop_bear.JPG

"Habitat

The Common Drop Bear is usually to be found in the Tall Forests of Victoria and South Australia. One such example is the town of Glenburn in Victoria, due to the numerous reports of drop bears it has resulted in a drop in the population because residents feared for their lives and fled. Drop Bears are also known to inhabit the Mangrove Swamps of the Northern Territory and Queensland. The animals like to spend most of the time in the tree tops. This gives them a good launching spot for a drop upon unsuspecting prey, an activity which led to their common name. Drop Bears are notoriously hard to spot whilst in their natural habitat as their fur camouflages well with the olive grey hue of the foliage. [Note: other variations of Drop Bear have been recorded with characteristics which are more suited to their differing habitats. These include the rare Snow Drop Bear (white fur), the Lesser Aquatic Drop Bear (mottely blue) and the Shallow Water Drop Bear (aqua blue fur)]

Deispite its name the Shallow Water Drop Bear is not restricted to just shallow waters, it can also swim out to sea. This special type of Drop Bear poses a major threat to sharks and boats (the Shallow Water Drop Bear's favourite foods). The Shallow Water Drop Bear can be canibal, at times a veggitarian and at other times it can be an omnivore (it will even eat sand) this type of Drop Bear is not to be confused with Sea Monkeys. "

"Prey

The primary prey of Drop Bears are unsuspecting tourists, often Welsh or German but usually US American or Japanese. It is commonly understood that the Bears favour those with cameras, due to the entrancing reflection of the sun's rays from the glass lenses on a typical Aussie scorcher of a day. It is not true that Drop Bears are merely mesmerized by their reflections in the instruments or harbour a conscious or unconscious desire to be photographed. There is no truth in the rarely misquoted assertion that they wish to be "at one with the lens". It is a well known fact that the Australian Government would have banned tourism long ago had it not been for the fact that with no tourists, the drop bears would have been forced to feed on Australians.

Other factors are responsible for causing the natives of some countries to be more attractive then others to Drop Bears. When lost in the Australian bush, German tourists are known to excrete a musky odour (apparently a fear response) which has been shown to attract Drop Bears from up to 5km (approx 3 miles) away. "

From here http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Drop_Bear

:laugh:
Every Aussie I know repeats the drop bear story to any tourist they meet, even family from OS. Then there's the Hoop Snake.... :D

Drop Bears.
http://www.geocities.com/muirnin/db.htm

Drop_bear.JPG

"Habitat

The Common Drop Bear is usually to be found in the Tall Forests of Victoria and South Australia. One such example is the town of Glenburn in Victoria, due to the numerous reports of drop bears it has resulted in a drop in the population because residents feared for their lives and fled. Drop Bears are also known to inhabit the Mangrove Swamps of the Northern Territory and Queensland. The animals like to spend most of the time in the tree tops. This gives them a good launching spot for a drop upon unsuspecting prey, an activity which led to their common name. Drop Bears are notoriously hard to spot whilst in their natural habitat as their fur camouflages well with the olive grey hue of the foliage. [Note: other variations of Drop Bear have been recorded with characteristics which are more suited to their differing habitats. These include the rare Snow Drop Bear (white fur), the Lesser Aquatic Drop Bear (mottely blue) and the Shallow Water Drop Bear (aqua blue fur)]

Deispite its name the Shallow Water Drop Bear is not restricted to just shallow waters, it can also swim out to sea. This special type of Drop Bear poses a major threat to sharks and boats (the Shallow Water Drop Bear's favourite foods). The Shallow Water Drop Bear can be canibal, at times a veggitarian and at other times it can be an omnivore (it will even eat sand) this type of Drop Bear is not to be confused with Sea Monkeys. "

"Prey

The primary prey of Drop Bears are unsuspecting tourists, often Welsh or German but usually US American or Japanese. It is commonly understood that the Bears favour those with cameras, due to the entrancing reflection of the sun's rays from the glass lenses on a typical Aussie scorcher of a day. It is not true that Drop Bears are merely mesmerized by their reflections in the instruments or harbour a conscious or unconscious desire to be photographed. There is no truth in the rarely misquoted assertion that they wish to be "at one with the lens". It is a well known fact that the Australian Government would have banned tourism long ago had it not been for the fact that with no tourists, the drop bears would have been forced to feed on Australians.

Other factors are responsible for causing the natives of some countries to be more attractive then others to Drop Bears. When lost in the Australian bush, German tourists are known to excrete a musky odour (apparently a fear response) which has been shown to attract Drop Bears from up to 5km (approx 3 miles) away. "

From here http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Drop_Bear

:laugh:
Every Aussie I know repeats the drop bear story to any tourist they meet, even family from OS. Then there's the Hoop Snake.... :D

HeHe, you forgot to mention the Aquatic Drop Bear will do the back stroke to cover long distances in a shorter amount of time.

HeHe, you forgot to mention the Aquatic Drop Bear will do the back stroke to cover long distances in a shorter amount of time.

I'm glad you warned me!! Those things sound vicious! ;)

This guys lucky he wasn't torn limb from limb!!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6M240OFOpo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6M240OFOpo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I've heard they can get quite cantankerous and tear you a new one... I've just never seen it. But, I don't live in AU either.

Wild animal mate, they don't like being handled. ;)
Pretty dopey and docile during the day asleep up a tree, but I believe the bucks can turn it on during the mating season.
There's a big annual ag show about 1 and a bit hours north west of here and the area is well known for it's koala's. They can often be seen in the trees in the middle of Agquip and it runs for several days. My wife loves the things, she'll stand under a tree for ages coo cooing at them :laugh:
I've handled tame ones at nature parks when I was a kid, but it can be pretty rare to see one in the wild.

BTW I'd reckon you'd fit right in here coming from Montana.
Was just out at thoroughbred stud about 40km away to the northwest owned by some friends, (roughly 2000 acres) and another customer of mine is a 'station' just up the road from there about 25km further out of about 55,000 acres of some of the best cropping country around. (smaller spreads are called properties, the big places are stations)
The place we used to run was up in the hills to the east of here and we ran cattle ( cattle/sheep country) and it was only 1700 acres, but more than enough for two of us.
One of our old neighbours has bought 7,000 acres about 60km further up in the hills (over 3000') and runs Angus. Super property and turns off brilliant cattle.
Casey Stoner the MotoGp rider owns a place just up the road from them and he's often there in between GP's.

Plenty of deer, (mainly Red) skippies and pigs around too.

Slick Rick, I tell you bro, you know all the motorsport daredevils from your neck of the woods. That's a cool little clip on Stoner.

I think Ambrose is knocking on the door now.

Naa, don't know Casey, one of the Stockmen (Cowboy) that works there was telling me about his place.
I have to go over to their (our friends) place soon, it's timber country too, lots of pine plantations (Radiata)

Last edited:
Tocayo, what I meant was that TDI is in front of your handle for a reason:cheers:

I'm going to guess there is fuel, gear oil, motor oil, 2 stroke oil and diesel fuel running through your veins:greenchainsaw:

Hell no. I bought this one new. I laid down a few bills. But the 7901 build will be from one I can get from the HD.

Because the HD rents 6401's and this one is a woods port, I like to call it the HD Special.

The 7901 is my next saw. And I'll be complete. Only that one will get the CT13 Porting as well:clap: I'm like some of the fellas here, I need to modify what can be modified.

Full Wrap will be in effect for sure.

Tocayo, what I meant was that TDI is in front of your handle for a reason:cheers:

I'm going to guess there is fuel, gear oil, motor oil, 2 stroke oil and diesel fuel running through your veins:greenchainsaw:

yeah, I've been trying to run away from it for the last ten years, it consumed far too much of my life (and $$) for too many years, but when I go to fix something these days all these ideas start popping into my noggin of how to modify/improve it....:dizzy:

I'm___really___trying___to___resist___tearing___into___my___saws, at least until winter is over, or a 79cc kit turns up, whichever occurs first and then it'll be a case of "will I do the domed piston/pop up now and tear into it, or run it stock first ?" :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back