I Rented the Home Depot Special Today...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Metals, that put that idea to rest.

Sorry, I look after the refrigeration for the chillers so know the operators and a few of the pro shooters.

The tag and drop system still operates here.

A property owner (Rancher in NA speak ;) obtains 'tags' from the NPWS (National Parks) for culling x number of roos on their property and when shot they must be tagged and left.

Stupid, stupid idea, could only have been dreamed up by a desk bound bureaucrat in the city, as apart from the waste, all it does is feed up the predators like pigs, dogs and foxes, but that's one way someone can go hunting Roo's and help out a grazier/farmer at the same time.

and yes, the NPWS do occasional spot audits as well as night time chopper flyovers to make sure the carcasses are in the paddock where they should be and not feeding the working dogs.....:censored:

Sorry Metals, that put that idea to rest.

Sorry, I look after the refrigeration for the chillers so know the operators and a few of the pro shooters.

The tag and drop system still operates here.

A property owner (Rancher in NA speak ;) obtains 'tags' from the NPWS (National Parks) for culling x number of roos on their property and when shot they must be tagged and left.

Stupid, stupid idea, could only have been dreamed up by a desk bound bureaucrat in the city, as apart from the waste, all it does is feed up the predators like pigs, dogs and foxes, but that's one way someone can go hunting Roo's and help out a grazier/farmer at the same time.

and yes, the NPWS do occasional spot audits as well as night time chopper flyovers to make sure the carcasses are in the paddock where they should be and not feeding the working dogs.....:censored:

No worries... I figured it was a stretch to have a Yank come over and shoot a bunch of critters for pay. My friend went and did it once there, on some ranch I guess? This would have been about 10 years ago.

And as far as leaving the roo's there to waste?.. The desk idiot that dreamed that up should be shot, tagged, and left for the dogs, and pigs. :rant:

There's got to be low-income Aussies that would gladly take the meat?

I told you your thread went down under Cheech! :laugh:

:cheers:

This should be a place for them Aussie's to shine. Bringing in the Kiwi's would be a crazy idea as I'm thinking about THEE AMERICA'S CUP right about now:cry:

I miss Conner's prowess...

Did I just start a new chapter:greenchainsaw:

Getting a very slight impression that people are getting just a tad uptight about some harmless chatting not inconsistant with forums.
Hope we aren't upseting anyone.
Yeah?

Nah, this is how it would go if we were all sitting around the campfire drinking beer. :cheers:

7:33 PM Eastern Standard Time.
We're 10 hours ahead of GMT and I think 14 ahead of your East Coast.

<edit> Swim with Sharks ?

yep, you're crazy enough to visit....

Can't say it's something on my to do list.
I've flown planes, raced cars and hunted in some pretty wild country, swimming with sharks can wait for the next lifetime :laugh:

Last edited:
:cheers::cheers:

You guys are making it hard not to jump on a plane and come hang out Down Under.

I've always wanted to swim with Great Whites too... I know I'm :dizzy:

why stop there......head up north and play with that salt water crocs too :dizzy: ...... crazy or stupid it happens, a lady drove her 4x4 down a boat ramp into a croc infested river the other day......she thought it was a river crossing :monkey:

on another note ive been told that there is a 6m great white patroling up and down the beach i surf atm.....kinda freaky but what are you going to do, its where they live....and the water is to nice to stay out of.

Serg

7:33 PM Eastern Standard Time.
We're 10 hours ahead of GMT and I think 14 ahead of your East Coast.

<edit> Swim with Sharks ?

yep, you're crazy enough to visit....

Can't say it's something on my to do list.
I've flown planes, raced cars and hunted in some pretty wild country, swimming with sharks can wait for the next lifetime :laugh:

So you'll be headed for bed soon... As should I.
I should probably try and get a couple hours sleep.

why stop there......head up north and play with that salt water crocs too :dizzy: ...... crazy or stupid it happens, a lady drove her 4x4 down a boat ramp into a croc infested river the other day......she thought it was a river crossing :monkey:

on another note ive been told that there is a 6m great white patroling up and down the beach i surf atm.....kinda freaky but what are you going to do, its where they live....and the water is to nice to stay out of.

Serg

No way Serg... Them Salties are born pissed, and die even more pissed... I wouldn't get within 10 meters of a Salty... Them suckers can move fast too! And they're the size of a Cadillac! :dizzy:

For some reason, I'd trust a White more... Though, I probably shouldn't.

The closest thing to "Big and Scary" we have in Montana are Grizzly Bears... They don't scare me, I've sat and talked with them when I was logging. :p

So you'll be headed for bed soon... As should I.
I should probably try and get a couple hours sleep.

No way Serg... Them Salties are born pissed, and die even more pissed... I wouldn't get within 10 meters of a Salty... Them suckers can move fast too! And they're the size of a Cadillac! :dizzy:

For some reason, I'd trust a White more... Though, I probably shouldn't.

The closest thing to "Big and Scary" we have in Montana are Grizzly Bears... They don't scare me, I've sat and talked with them when I was logging. :p

Mate, I was up and about at 3:00 am this morning our time and after stocking the fire (and went out an split some more wood :dizzy:) I went online and posted then went back to bed about 4 ish.
Friggen mad we are......

and we have drop bears too. We terrify all the tourists with tales of drop bears :monkey:

[edit] and speaking of deadly nasties, SWMBO rented "Seven Pounds" tonight on DVD.
Will Smith, Rosario Dawson :love1: and a Box Jelly Fish, the deadliest creature on the planet from you know where :laugh:

Last edited:
Metals, I'm sure your country is as beautiful ours only in someways different.
Would be interesting to visit your part of the world also.

I think you guys would like Montana... Lot's to see, and the hunting's good.

Mate, I was up and about at 3:00 am this morning our time and after stocking the fire (and went out an split some more wood :dizzy:) I went online and posted then went back to bed about 4 ish.
Friggen mad we are......

and we have drop bears too. We terrify all the tourists with tales of drop bears :monkey:

[edit] and speaking of deadly nasties, SWMBO rented "Seven Pounds" tonight on DVD.
Will Smith, Rosario Dawson :love1: and a Box Jelly Fish, the deadliest creature on the planet from you know where :laugh:

What's up with all us insomniacs on AS? LOL

Now I have to look up drop bears? I've heard of the box Jellyfish long ago... Teeny little deadly things they are. We have very few poisonous things in Montana... We get the occasional Brown Recluse, Black Widow, and Hobo Spider... We have Rattlesnakes a few miles from my house, but they're very rare to see, as the population is small, and only in one area.

We get the occasional Brown Recluse, Black Widow, and Hobo Spider... We have Rattlesnakes a few miles from my house, but they're very rare to see, as the population is small, and only in one area.

Same here, but ratlers everywhere!

Now we know that metals and serg are the crazy ones...surfing with great whites and talking to grizzlies:jawdrop:

Back