I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sure looks like a 650 or 660 gear drive. (Large, black clutch cover and spike on fuel tank.) Probably has a 1-52 cover stuck on it.

Chris B.

Hard to be certain when looking at that tiny pic..............but I think you may be right Chris. I think I spy the 'flange' (that the spike would mount to) on the fuel tank cover. Only the 650/660 saws have that thick flange. I have seen tank fronts from some early 1-50 type saws that have a thin flange on them. Not the same though. Again......................we need larger pics...

I have one of these spoken for and have something come up so need to find somebody who wants the other one. Please shoot me a PM.

He's talking about a 6401 if anybody is looking for one. Give Wendell a PM.

I know. They'd look pretty cool together.:rock:

Yep.:cheers:

100_3598.jpg

Last edited:
Topeka is good jump from here. Wifey is not buying into the idea of a road trip, especially since I have one already. And twenty six others.

Maybe some of my n.e. Kansas neighbors.....................................

Unfortunately the saw budget around here is zero. Probably a good thing, that's the second saw I seen this week that I wanted and didn't need.

Appreciate the thought however.:msp_thumbsup:

That little piddly roller nose bar really sets it off for me.:rock::rock:

Here's a closeup of that cool little 12" Remington RN bar. This little saw uses Homelite XL mount (Oregon D196) bars, Homelite XL application clutch drums/bearings, and a Tillotson HS carb. Cool stuff indeed.

100_3608.jpg

More than a little steep. Many of us here have gotten 250's for $10-$50. "The Widowmaker"? Please. It's not that violent of a saw. Yet more CL/Ebay ad copy stupidity. I'm surprised he didn't put "I hear they (whoever "they" is) use these engines for gokarts" in his ad text....:taped:

Latest posts

Back