I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they say they run but how well. they are selling them, ya know?

Government folks don't have to have a good reason. Maybe they outsourced the work to a private company. Maybe they standardized on STIHL saws. Maybe the paint was scratched . . . (maybe they don't work at all).

This one dont have a breaker or spinner but is lots cheaper.

That would be worth it even if just for rakers. The wheels in the photo by themselves are worth more than that. By the time you shipped it up here, however, the cost would double.

Good deal for someone in that neck of the woods if it works.

My 2100CD threw the chain off a 28" bar and, yes, scares the poo poo out of you it does. Luckily enough the chain wrapped around the tree instead of my arm.

No chain catcher? I usually just see them hanging down below the saw when they jump. Not a big deal. Never had a chain break though, that might be different (?)

Philbert

Government folks don't have to have a good reason. Maybe they outsourced the work to a private company. Maybe they standardized on STIHL saws. Maybe the paint was scratched . . . (maybe they don't work at all)...

yeah, you're right. at the price it might be worth a risk. though it would be even better if one of the joja boys went and investigated. doesn't seem as if any of them are paying attention. or maybe they are. lol

My 2100CD threw the chain off a 28" bar and, yes, scares the poo poo out of you it does. Luckily enough the chain wrapped around the tree instead of my arm.

I switched to Stihl chain on all my longer bars which comes prestretched and thus easier to keep on top of chain tension. I also pay close attention to bar tips and switch them out before they get really splayed. I haven't had a chain fly off since. Even then I still keep good chain catchers on my saws and don't use the saw where a flying chain can reach my "important areas." One can't be too careful about that.

Pig-in-a-poke 441

This guy sounds like a real treat to deal with. "It's not new so don't expect new...." Then he puts up some grainy photos, and wicks attitude when guys ask him questions about it.

No chain catcher? I usually just see them hanging down below the saw when they jump. Not a big deal. Never had a chain break though, that might be different (?)

Philbert

I agree there. I threw the 33", 404 chain off a roller nose bar on a McCulloch Kart saw. No biggie, except it took me an hour to file the drivers so that they would fit in the bar slot again.Mac 125's have the full wrap handlebar, which doubles as a chain catcher.

It's all right there - an electric 441, in pieces. What questions could you possibly have?

I hope you are joking.

Philbert never jokes, always dead serious.

Aside from the lack of information and the dreadful photos of a pile of saw parts noted, I was pointing out that the electric power source listed for an MS441 in the ad. While I was attempting to be droll, the more I think about it, the fewer questions I have about it.

Philbert

Back