I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
believe there was a thread about it posted by the "injured party" to which the said subject responded. ain't got no dog in this fight, just sayin.

I've also been an injured party. The guy is not nice to deal with and I find a lot of mistakes in his adds that suggests he know very little about saws. Also every saw he posts has 173psi of compression... I think he needs a new gauge.

I've also been an injured party. The guy is not nice to deal with and I find a lot of mistakes in his adds that suggests he know very little about saws. Also every saw he posts has 173psi of compression... I think he needs a new gauge.

you have first hand experience with him; i don't. therefore, i defer to your judgement. thanks for the input.

you have first hand experience with him; i don't. therefore, i defer to your judgement. thanks for the input.

I'm not just being bitter because I got burnt. In the last 3-4 months there have been 2 threads of AS members who also got burnt by this guy. I just don't want more good people of AS to waste their hard earned money.

I'm not just being bitter because I got burnt. In the last 3-4 months there have been 2 threads of AS members who also got burnt by this guy. I just don't want more good people of AS to waste their hard earned money.

His feedback didn't scare me off as much as his starting bid..............LOL!!!!!

Check out the question at the bottom. He says the PO will not ship anything with a fuel tank, empty or not??????

My local USPS main office will not either. The other local USPS branch wouldnt bother ya, but that branch was closed down a year ago. Had to go to UPS (as I will not deal with the USPS main office anymore). I have to be careful who is at the desk at the UPS office as well.
They ask for an item description, and if you say chainsaw- you will have another 20 questions your way (and if you disclose that it has a fuel tank, they will tell you they cant ship it as well). If you tell them you are shipping chainsaw parts, they dont bother you.

It is a real treat shipping a saw in my area these days...

My local USPS main office will not either. The other local USPS branch wouldnt bother ya, but that branch was closed down a year ago. Had to go to UPS (as I will not deal with the USPS main office anymore). I have to be careful who is at the desk at the UPS office as well.
They ask for an item description, and if you say chainsaw- you will have another 20 questions your way (and if you disclose that it has a fuel tank, they will tell you they cant ship it as well). If you tell them you are shipping chainsaw parts, they dont bother you.

It is a real treat shipping a saw in my area these days...

That's why you never put "chainsaw" in the description. You put "small engine parts" which is accurate in describing a chainsaw because it is a
collection of small engine parts (with a cutting attachment.)

If I am not mistaken that seller is a AS member, I remember him talking about his one eyed dog in a thread.

That's Tedd. I don't know what his name is here. I've bought a bunch of stuff from him and he's been good to me.

Check out the question at the bottom. He says the PO will not ship anything with a fuel tank, empty or not??????

Tedd only said that HIS local post office would not ship anything with a gas tank.

Q: I`d love to buy your big husky, but could you ship the item to Norway? And if you do, what would be the cost? I think useing USPS would be perfect! I hope for your positive answer!
A: Sorry, my local post office will not ship anything with a fuel tank on it (dry or not).

He ships by UPS for that reason.

Each post office or any shipper for that matter has the right to refuse any parcel in question.

I have a good relation with both my local USPS and UPS but you still need to be cautous with your description as JJ mentioned.

Tedd is a great guy to deal with and I visit his shop whenever near the Aberdeen-Hoqium area.

My post office doesn't ask for a description when shipping parcel post. All they ask is if the contents are fragile or hazardous, to which I answer "no". Never had a problem, other than when I ship to Aaron. Those northern Californian postal workers beat the crap out of their packages, lol. But it still got there anyway.

The one Husky 2100CD sold for $750 last night, for the power head only. Congrats to the seller.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I bought a similar power head a month ago for $437. Maybe not quite as nice but much better deal IMO. Runs good BTW.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Some post offices are funny that way, I just make sure there is absolutely no fuel or vapor so they cant smell it...
The seller probably was implying he only uses UPS or FedEx.

I like Katy the one eyed wonder dog!:biggrin:

katy7.JPG

Latest posts

Back