I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husqvarna 2100 CD Chainsaw "Thin Ring" Jungle model | eBay

Thin ring 2100 for $380 BIN, says it needs crank seals.

Hey everyone, thats my saw I listed, just trying to fund some other Pioneers/Poulans. good builder just ran away at idle and I have too many saw projects. Should be a cheap easy fix, I will fix it if it doesn't sell BUT, they are going CRAZY on ebay for these.
Trades for 655?
I have a nice 2101 already.

I'd end early for any AS member of coarse!! prior to a bid. (deduct feebay fees from start price)

Duane

Gas in tanks

That is correct! If it has had gas and they want to be a stickler for the rules.... it's a federal penalty! EVEN to just bring it into the post office.. like as in the building!

I've had real bad issues with saws from ebay, came full of bad gas on three occasions. (they rerouted my saws to a warehouse and shrinkwrapped them do to leaks) took over a month each time days to get them. And they warned me to NEVER let it happen again even though I was the buyer.
They don't care here about the tanks but they told me to be VERY VERY careful, air them out or spray air fresher on them.

I try to remember to tell everyone to drain and air them out!

Duane

My post office doesn't ask for a description when shipping parcel post. All they ask is if the contents are fragile or hazardous, to which I answer "no". Never had a problem, other than when I ship to Aaron. Those northern Californian postal workers beat the crap out of their packages, lol. But it still got there anyway.

That's the truth JP. They beat the living hell out of that box. I'm surprised nothing was broken or lost.

That is correct! If it has had gas and they want to be a stickler for the rules.... it's a federal penalty! EVEN to just bring it into the post office.. like as in the building!

Yikes! I supposed I'm lucky to not be in the federal pokey, as I just shipped an old Homelite C-5 gas tank accross the country from my loca PO.

I've had real bad issues with saws from ebay, came full of bad gas on three occasions. (they rerouted my saws to a warehouse and shrinkwrapped them do to leaks) took over a month each time days to get them. And they warned me to NEVER let it happen again even though I was the buyer.
They don't care here about the tanks but they told me to be VERY VERY careful, air them out or spray air fresher on them.

I try to remember to tell everyone to drain and air them out!

Duane

I've received a few saws in the mail with bad gas still in 'em. Had some stinky leakers, with fuel/bar oil soaked packaging and boxes. Nothing has ever been rerouted (knock on wood). The C-5 tank I just sent out came to me a few years ago attached to a saw. Said tank was 1/2 full of ANCIENT, STANKY gas/water/mung mix. I drained it out, blew it out, and let it air for a LONG time without a cap. When I ship saws, I drain all the fuel (and bar oil), and run it dry (if it's a runner). I then blow the tank out good with compressed air, being sure to blow air through the felt fuel filter/wick if present. Then I let it air with the cap off for at least a few days. When I package the saw, I double bag it in tape-sealed trash bags. I also don't let it sit packed up for more than a day. Less time for any remaining funk to work its way through the bags,all the packing padding, and the box.

He's dreaming. It's a nice looking 1-43, but it's just a 1-43. Nice old saws, but not that desireable. Been a few of those types of saws listed here lately for dumb money too. That's a $50 saw at most in this market.

That Poulan is also overpriced. It's a LATE S25DA in Poulan Pro dress. Good saw, but he's way above market. The mini-mac bar is also a sin, and also isn't the right bar mount pattern for that saw. Easily corrected. It's seen some use. The paint that's covering some of the saw (over the original paint) as well as the OEM bar no longer being with it points to it having been in comercial or municipal service. Probably a lotta miles on that saw...

That's the truth JP. They beat the living hell out of that box. I'm surprised nothing was broken or lost.

lol but the saw was a Homelite 1020. Probably the most robust saw of all time. They could have run it over with the mail jeep, and it would most likely still be intact, lol.

lol but the saw was a Homelite 1020. Probably the most robust saw of all time. They could have run it over with the mail jeep, and it would most likely still be intact, lol.

So your recent postings of Husky 2100 selling prices has made me really glad I got mine last year off of CL here. Man that is some upswing in value.

need advice mac 250

I've been cuttin trees all my adult life and never knew there was value in old saws. You guys have enlightened me. I started cutting when the p50 were new and was impressed since I had been using the Supper Wiz. I also realize there is money to be made in older saws. I was wondering what a MAC 250 CHAIN SAW is worth? Thanks

I've been cuttin trees all my adult life and never knew there was value in old saws. You guys have enlightened me. I started cutting when the p50 were new and was impressed since I had been using the Supper Wiz. I also realize there is money to be made in older saws. I was wondering what a MAC 250 CHAIN SAW is worth? Thanks

Just do an "advanced" search on eBay, and "click" the completed listings box. This will give you a good idea of where you stand with your 250 based off of like condition saws.

Back