I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has to have some sort of gear in there as the powerhead turns backwards from the saw blade, has to....

Yes there are a set of gears to reverse direction. Also the oiler gear is replaced with a blank so the pump does not drive and the bar adjuster bits are removed. Other than those pieces you can add a bar/chain and clutch cover and buck some firewood.

Is that darker looking saw a John Deere? It is wearing a JD bar and there is also a JD case in the pics. If so, it would probably be a keeper.

The case is worth way more than the saw, looks to be a 3816. Same saw as a Homelite ranger.

If it was a later Efco made Deere, you would be correct.

The Homey 410 is the pick of the lot.

Hi Ted,

I tried, but cant find his posts anywhere...

McCulloch 700 Modified Chainsaw Powerhead | eBay

Can you dig them up?

here ya go

Its the power head off a bomb loading winch i have a complete unit here

winch1.jpg

winch2.jpg

McBob.

Was just searching around ePlay and there is somebody selling alot of saws. Most look pretty reasonable too. His id is luv2deal66.

Yep, looks like a 98cc Jacobsen two-cycle.

Back around 1967 I shredded my dads Jacobsen mower and was going to put the 2 stroke in my ToteGoat motor bike.

For some reason back then I was good at tearing stuff apart but never putting things back together.

Still seem to have that same problem to this day. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back